Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

brembo wobble?

since fiting my brembos i seem to have a bit of wobble when braking from high speed will the alignment clear this prob up?

Bit of a long shot, but have the calipers knocked the balance weights off the wheels?

The 288 calipers did when I put the speedos back on because there's only a few mill clearance under there!

Otherwise wobble under braking through the column is usually always warped disc related....assuming everything else is sound.

Did you clean the mating faces of the hubs and discs when fitting the new discs?

Any small amount of dirt or corrosion on the mating faces can mean the disc isn't sitting flat on the hub and will wobble slightly as it turns causing vibration when you brake.

kevhaywire, exactly what I was about to ask.... my Brembos actually shaved the tops off the stick on weights on my Borbets! :| I now get them stuck in the MIDDLE of the wheel so they'll clear! :lol:

ill check the weights but the wheels dont seem to wobble when just driving but one weight is very close and just caught when i first fitted the wheels! i did clean the mating surfaces but you never know ill check that after the alignment is done if it still persists.

did you make sure that the hole in the disk lined up with the fixing screw on the hub? These often shear off when disks are changed and are easy to miss. If it's not lined up with the hole, the disk will be on slightly skew-wiff and will cause vibration when braking...

did you make sure that the hole in the disk lined up with the fixing screw on the hub?

yes mate did that. it might be that as i have secondhand tyres that came on my rc's ive experienced some strange things before as the tyres get worn to the cars camber etc. :?

If the balance weights have been knocked about the wheel won't wobble, but the steering will shake at speed.

If it's only when braking, start inging about the disks being out of true, or wheel bearings with a problem.

same trouble with me! I dropped the car on the disk so i think thats my problem!

Anyone know where i can brembo disks for a 4 stud vw/brembo setup(besides stealers)