Sign in to follow this  
dsubiela

aftermarket gearnobs

Looking for an aftermarket gearknob and steering wheel for my G60 the steering wheel i understand just needs an appropriate mounting kit, however the standard gearnob appears to have the gatter attached to it. i was wondering if there are gearknobs on the market that would incorperate the standard gatter or i will i have to change the lot, thanks for any help you can offer, Dan

the standard gator CAN come off the standard knob with no damage allowing you to use any knob you like... 8)

An aftermarket gator and knob will look much cleaner. The stock one still has that ring around it.

Corrado_035.sized.jpg :cyclops2:

My very first mod when I bought my 16v was to replace the tatty standard knob with something sexy. I splashed out on a momo cobra and i've since transfered it to the VR. Its a weighty lump and (for me) improved the feel of the gearchange, its also superbly comfortable due to its shape, its very ergonomicly shaped... if a little phalic! I've left the gaiter standard, and the gold ring at the top is starting to bug me so I'll probably change it at some point.

SO many haywire-esque jokes in there... like the feel of a weighty knob, having a gold ring around my stick... :roll:

so let me get this straight then chrishill,

you replaced your knob with a "sexier"one...you " splashed out " on a cobra...this one is a weighty " lump "...that you love the " feel " of....you also find it " comfortable " due to its " ergonomic shape ".....

ewwwwww...its only a gear knob mate...

Is now a bad time to suggest the light up one? ;)

looks OEM, comes with a gaitor, but the map lights up 8)

Yeah, I've got a set of zarman's DDI rear-lit gauges and some red LCD films sitting at home, so a red light-up knob will match nicely :)