Sign in to follow this  
Seruy

G60 supercharger on SLC?

Hey, I was just wondering is it possible to put on the supercharger from the g60 version of the car on the vr6? I know that there is a special one for vr6 but pricey ~$3500. So anyone who has done it or maybe knows if it is in any way compatible please respond, thanks in advance.

Can't be done cos there isn't room for it to go in the usual place. The VR6 one is mounted where the standard airbox should be afaik so if you put the G60 charger there it would be spinning the wrong way.

Plus, I don't think the G60 can produce enough boost for the VR6. I might be wrong but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm or deny this.

Plus, I don't think the G60 can produce enough boost for the VR6. I might be wrong but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm or deny this.

Yeah.. I believe this discussion has come up on here before and that was what the people who know about such things agreed on.. the G60 G-Lader just can't push enough air to fill the VR6's 2.9 litres!

Shame really.. would be an interesting machine! :D

seen this discussed before and the g60 charger is good for 4 cylinders theres not enough boost for 6 unless you want to use two G-Laders :D

use two!!!!!

the g60 unit seems pretty multipurpose, will it fit just about any size up to about 2.0 4cylinder unit? cause a lupo gti is begging for oe to be fitted.. :D

a dual g60 would be an awesome machine, never seen a twin charger setup before, presumably working on a similar principle to twin turbo?

but would you be able to get enough power to run the chargers in the first place?

There was a "G120" in one of this months mags (Golf+ or PVW). Looked pretty mental!

Could you put a blown V5 into a Corrado talking of crazy engine configurations?

It has been done before by a german company and it got featured in PVW back in 98, so yes it can be done and yes it does fit!

the company was call teck or something it was blue and 4wd too