ZippyVR6

Zippymobile

Grr, Its not been my year.

I was involved in an incident last Friday.

I (Green Line) was traveling home from work, with the intention of turning left into my road. (dotted Green Line) The other vehicle (Red Line) cut up the bus lane to avoid the width restrictions. I was indicating left and intended to continue onto the roundabout to turn left, However, the other car which was about to undercut me did not stop at the give way line and made contact with mine before the roundabout.

We then pulled onto the side road to discuss things.

After a bit of swearing about how I should have seen him. He said he had no option but to admit he was at fault because he had used the bus lane to avoid scratching his alloy wheels on the width restriction. He agreed at first that and it was my right of way, but wanted to leave it there because there was minimal damage to his car. When I showed him damage to mine (ok its not much, but the car is looking the best it has since I owned it, and was pretty hacked off with his attitude) and said it was going to be an insurance claim, he became irate. As he felt I was being selfish and thought that it was my fault because I had slowed for the roundabout.

My Insurance company are all over it, as he refused to give me his name, although I got vehicle details, and advised me to contact the police, as he used extremely threatening behaviour, and threatened to kick me to the ground and kill me for making him out to be at fault. I have details of witnesses who saw it, and these have been given to cops and Insurance.

Skip to today, The Police came over and took a statement, and have been to see the owner of the vehicle, It now turns out that he is adamant he was not being aggressive, and whilst he agrees to the damage, and would offer me money for it. He denied being abusive, so the police want to take statements from my witnesses (who only agreed to be insurance witnesses at the time) The WPC advised just now that in the video he took on his phone of the damage, he can be heard ranting and calling me a c%%t. So the Police are looking to take it forward and have arranged a formal interview this coming week.

Thankfully, the insurance company have agreed it was him at fault, and I have taken it to the local crash repair site for a quote. I just hope they can match 19 y/o Aqua Blue as well as my guy at work.

Edited by ZippyVR6

Who are these ****ers, and how do they get by in normal society? I hope you nail every last penny out of him, assuming he's even insured - which, by the sounds of his behaviour, he probably wasn't.

Do the police seem to be on your side with this? Good luck with it all!

Cheers Jim, Yes that was prety much my reaction after I'd calmed down.

He was insured, Yes Police are doing a good job considering there is not much to go on.

He was offered a voluntry warning, but refused to accept that he was being abusive. so they have to take it to a formal interview, and the potential to charge him with a public order offense. We will see.

Sounds like you done the right thing by getting witnesses, someone at my work got pranged into by someone who tried to go into the lane in front of his car, by which there was no room for him to even get a whisker in there never mind a car. They pulled over the chap never said a thing other that it was his fault.

Further down the line, the accident which happened over a year ago has not been resolved. The guy who got hit my work college has a brother who use to be in insurance so after it happened he skipped onto the insurance database to check out what was happening. He found out the other driver had blamed my friend for everything even saying in his statement that he had taken full liability for the accident admitting it was his fault. So when his brother told him, to say the least he was not very happy.

The only thing which would have helped would have been a witness. As they are both effectively blaming each other.

On the plus side my friend got a phone call form his brother a couple of weeks later saying the dude who hit him had just crashed his courtesy car !

Sounds like he'll get done-the police wouldn't pursue it if they just thought it was some minor incident. Hope they nail him!

glad you are getting it sorted .whats wrong with these d...kheads? .He proberbly wont learn anything from it either .

Update.

The police have interviewed him this

morning and his solicitor advised him

to accept the restorative justice order,

rather than pursue it, as he would

likely fail, and have a mark on his

record.

Anyone know what this actually

means? Is it a posh slap on the knuckles?

I cant update the advert, so in answer to questions.

Bodywork Perfect, except Drivers door, which has 2 minor dinks, Typically after it was resprayed.

Slight wear on drivers seat. and the cable for the seat tilt lever has come unconnected, But seat can still be lifted forward to access the rear, by pulling the cable.

Mods, If you know how I can edit clasified advert, Please let me know.

Edited by ZippyVR6

Sad day today.

Car has sold.

Good luck to Rob on here who drove it away, Cheers buddy.

Signing off ZippyVR6

Yeah, it was a head over heart decision.

We have a beagle and need something with a dog friendly boot, and the car just passed MOT so it seemed the right time. also I'm being tempted by air con. Was looking at Jaaaaaag x type as a big wafty. but saw sense and I thing I will be heading towards mk4 gti.

Edited by ZippyVR6

Long time no speak mate... just caught up on here...

damn! I cant imagine how it would feel if my VR6 was sold! I know you loved yours the same way.

So you are just Zippy now!

Wow!! Just seen those pics of the partial respray !! Never knew it had that much done !!!

Good to know tho :)

Should be as good as new soon! Maybe if I'm up your way for a show you can come see it! :)

Ben