Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

How big is your tank?

Not quite in the engine bay but I figure this is the place for the question...

Anyway it takes about £60 (if not more) to fill my tank is this normal??

Yep, 15 gallon plastic tank on later C's (70 litres).

Early had metal tanks 12 gallons (55 litres).

Early watercooled VW models had a design range of about 350 - 400 miles between fill ups. Later it was 500 - 550 miles.

Hmm don't think there is a number on the gauge, but could easly have missed it :lol:.. Was mainly wondering if it was an extra or as RW1 says an model based thing. That is a big tank ;-)

wasnt me it was Andy Brookes the guy i bought the car off. but i had it faster after it was sns'd. I just didn't really want to risk a pic at 240kh

Was mainly wondering if it was an extra or as RW1 says an model based thing.

No, change over was at August 1991 for all models.

All I know is it costs me nearly £70 to fill it up with Optimax, although it is 95p a litre round my way now, still I'm not going anywhere near the Tesco pumps :lol:

Unbelieveable, that works out about £28-29 for a full tank!!!!

Just shows how much us Brits are getting taxed, AFAIK it would be around 10p a litre without any taxes applied!

Although 91 RON? Does your car pink like a bitch?!

Whats the highest grade over that side of the pond anyway?

When in Germany last year they sell a "V-MAX" range of petrol that is 100 RON, I was very tempted but it was more expensive than optimax (97 RONish) was in the UK at the time. And their "normal" fuel of choice is 97 RON. The Germans don't accept any rubbish!

The highest we can get here in California is 91. Some gas stations carry 100 for about 5usd per gallon. In some states you can get as high as 94.

Gas in Cal is some of the poorest and most expensive in the the US. When I got my Corrado in January of 04, a fill up cost about 30usd.

The cars don't ping on the 91...the ECUs are programmed to compensate for our piss poor gas.

I would love to see a one-on-one with a 91 RON C and a 97 RON C just to see how much difference there really is between the two fuels.

Over a quarter mile stretch would be interesting.

UK cars should read either 15 or 12 at the top mark of the fuel gauge... Euro cars read in litres like Nige's JET used to. American cars have different markings due to the smaller US gallon.

My car has a 12 gallon tank, costs about £33 to fill up on Optimax and last me about 200 miles :( Have I got the smallest tank ever or what?

£33 for 12 gallons???? How much is Optimax where you live, 'cos that works out at about 60p a litre!

Tell me now, I'm on me way with a tanker :lol:

neil, you're not the only one, i can manage 220 if i drive it nice (doesn't happen very often!). Went to castle coombe on the weekend and 4 sessions managed to drink 3/4 of a tank, and that's only 69 miles! :!: :!: :!: