Sign in to follow this  
WONGA

CANT GET REVERSE GEAR...!!!

Been out in my Rado today this morning was fine,I reversed onto my drive ok,then went out and reverse doesnt seem to work at all,It wont select it.

Since ive had the car(3 months) it sometimes crunched into reverse and sometimes it was fine.Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do about

HELP PLEASE!!!!

STEVE

you'l just have to go round in big circles steve....or alternitavly...i have a fiat panda for sale :wink:

Yes.

Check the plasticky linkage under the bonnet - near the gearbox entry. Might be that.

Only costs under a tenner too

Mine broke when I first got the car - I could not reverse and ended having to go to a villedge outside town. Got stuck against a wall and had to get 3 guys watching their kids play football in the gym to come out and give me a push backwards. "Oooh! They're nice cars them!" uttered one of the guys.

I just looked at him.

also lift up the gear lever gator inside the car and make sure that the circlip on the left hand side of the forwards/backwards pivot on the mechanism is still in place... if it's not, then the gear lever may have moved over to the left a little and will be stopping you getting reverse gear...

the nut that holds the linkage to gear change arm came loose on my a while ago so i had no reverse...1st was were reverse was and third was were 1st should be, a quick tighten later and everything was back too normal-ish

just had a look at it this morning.Took the apart where the gear stick is and there is a gold circlip broken,do i have to get one of these from vw dealers?

Found the problem-when it happened I didnt look under the bonnet,so I looked today and found the Power cable fuse holder for my amp wedged under the shift mech,hence why it wouldnt go into reverse

DOH DOH DOH !!!!!!!

WONGA, still change that circlip though... you'll find that your change is much more positive afterwards... 8)