Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

FMIC

anyone thought about fitting one of these to their rrado,, seems a really good price,,

just wondering if it will fit in behind the front bumper,, ill do some measuring at the weekend,, :wink:

click click

:twisted:

Numerous times. Quite a few people have already got FMICs (Blue_Joe included ;) )

You can do bigger for less by getting secondhand.

Sprinters and loads of diesel vans have big I/Cs, cheap.

GazzaG60 has a monster on his that he got for peanuts. You need a U bend or similar to make it work nicely.

Benefits outweigh the messing about.

Gavin

Going to have to investigate that I think. These sprinter jobbies, are they front mount or do they go in the standard G60 location? I don't think I'll have room in the VR for front mount as the Mocal is there, so ideally I need something to pop down in the inner arch, maybe even a G60 cooler itself?

Going to have to investigate that I think. These sprinter jobbies, are they front mount or do they go in the standard G60 location? I don't think I'll have room in the VR for front mount as the Mocal is there, so ideally I need something to pop down in the inner arch, maybe even a G60 cooler itself?

they are front mount but a little big for a rrado,, g-man fitted one to his a while back,,

You can mount an oil cooler behind an intercooler and not lose much at all in the way of cooling efficiency. It's only an IC that has to be at the front. I suppose space may be a consideration. Audi RS2 IC's fit well behind a stock bumper but they're about £400.