Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Heater light panel bulb on 90 C

the bulb has blown, went to the local dealer a while ago, said replacement bulb not avalible had to buy a whole new panel section

this can't be right,

does anyone know where i can get the bulb from and even the part no.

when to local car accesory shops but to no avail

help much apprieated

cheers chris

Hmmm...

No part number shown so I can see why they'd say that.

Get one from a Mk2 Golf and fit that.

Alternatively - if you're feeling brave - take the existing one apart (no, I don't know how) to find the bulb then take that to the Dealership who should then be able to help.

cheesy, This bulb is definitely replacable at the dealers.I did mine as I though the panel wasnt as bright as it should be so obvious choice was try the bulb first.

It is pennies, I believe its a bosche bulb and it is tiny. Call my local dealer if you like, Breeze VW- 01202 775000, ask for Parts.

When the old part is taken out it is a white plastic bulb holder.

Increase the size of the holes at the bottom of the holder and there should be two mini spade connecting metal strips that you can then pull out .the bulb should fall out, if not it will come out with a little pressure through the now bigger holes with a needle of small screwdriver. Then take yourself down to halfords and ask them for a bulb with longer wire out of the end. put the wires through the bigger holes and bend the surplus wires round the side of the holder. then push in the two metal plates that were took out earlier. it doesn't matter which way you put the wires in. there is no left or right. oh and when the new bulb goes in let it sit out about 2-3 mm from the holder, and NOT flush. you WILL get a better lighted diplay this way. mine went and i sat back for months with no heater illumination. so i tried this myself, and it did work.

Deleted 3 Duplicates!! VR

dash ones, how do you replace them?? I tried taking it out today, but it seemed caught on something - do you need to release the cables at the back from underneath it (by attacking it by removing the lower dash).

I'm trying to change the bulb over the speedometer by the way.

Yeah, its best to do it from underneath if you can get at it. To get the dash out, you'll also need to disconnect the vacuum tube for the MFA. Its at the back along with the electrical connections and speedo cable. Its only a rubber tube and will just pull off.

cheers Tattie, I'll try againg sometime this week.

Bit strange as the 'rocco one just pulls out, then you disconnect the cables.

cheers for the help i have the same problem .... LOL with the heater lights

all corrados heater lights don't work the sunroof slide never works the elec wing mirrors never work!!! LOL i love this car i allways tinker on it every sunday....

i am having this prob, and when at the scrappy i help my self to a couple out of a couple golfs, and it still dont blooming light up ????

i will check the bulb, and if they work i have a spare one, its green though?

will post for free if it works