Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

16v

ok so im 18 and the my corrado is already fast (for a first car :D anyway)

say if i wer to get it quicker,not faster,what could i do?/?

i have had a thought about performance chips but none seem to come up for the 16v

thnx for readin and any help is really appreaciated

craig

Dont get many for the 1.8 16v as the chip only does the ignition timing. the very best thing for the 1.8 is a good set up at the likes of stelth. chaps on the cgti forum rave about it!!

I have heard varying things about caming a 16v, good things about doing the exhaust cam mod (using 2 exhaust cams)

for my 2l 16v im going to put a kr inlet cam in and see how that works out

stealth

Stealth do a mod that gives around 150bhp from a 1.8 16v, involves fiddling with the WUR (warm up regulator) IIRC and some other things. Can't remember off the top of my head, brain fried from work.... Do a search, lots of information about this topic. :)

oh was also thinking about an engine rebuild..i do think this would help

just keep an eye out for a passat 2.0 16v block or an audi 80/coupe 16v block. These are 9A and 6A engine codes respectively. It should be possible to pick one up for 100 quid.

Then just slap the 2.0 bottom end in your Corrado and use all the 1.8 bits (Head and all ancilliaries), with a good rolling road setup you should get around 155-160 bhp, add a gas flowed head at some stage and you can bump that up another 10-15bhp, finally some high lift cams and at high revs you'll be looking at well over 170bhp. Best bit about the 2.0 block is the extra torque, makes the car much easier to drive about generally.

David.