Sign in to follow this  
Blair

TDI PD150 - engine over-stressed?

My mums just got a Touareg 3.0 TDi. Its definately tempted me to the darkside. That part throttle thrust is awesome, and its very quick of the mark with 4x4 and 375lb/ft. That engine would be mental in a C.

Its worse at night.. if you gun it from lights, you can see the cars behind you hanging back as they wait for the murk to clear.. its embarassing but then thats the nature of diesel I guess.

And handlings not everything.. the extra boooost would be handy for tackling pesky chav cars that I currently can't even keep up with! Same sort of straightline speed as a Fiesta Zetec-S!! :(

My mums just got a Touareg 3.0 TDi. Its definately tempted me to the darkside. That part throttle thrust is awesome, and its very quick of the mark with 4x4 and 375lb/ft. That engine would be mental in a C.

Tell you what Lee.. as a favour to a well known forum member, i'll gladly take that awful Corrado off your hands in exchange for my lovely MK4 TDI! ;) :D :)

Tell you what Lee.. as a favour to a well known forum member, i'll gladly take that awful Corrado off your hands in exchange for my lovely MK4 TDI! ;) :D :)

You probably would be doing me a favour too!

Haha, I think a bit of banter is all good, you have to expect a few comments about owning a tractor and all the rest of it if you own a derv, bring it on I would say. I'm sure the pd unit could take a remap, as long as it is serviced properly, just be careful to let the engine warm right up properly and don't floor it below 1,500 revs or whatever.

And you could leave the suspension standard and just call it 'challenging' lol. But like you say, the prudent thing may be to just leave it completley, we all like tinkering tho ay!

Well i've done two small mods.. a nice rieger leather, illuminated gear knob and changed the flashing led on the door from red to blue.. but both look totally factory so I dont think anyone would notice come sale time :)