Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

VR6 Storm [238,500 miles and counting 13/02/07]

Here's the car i bought recently - found the car via ebay and after the winning bidder pulled out i came to an arrangement with the seller.

Spec is:

VW Corrado VR6 Storm

1995 N Registration

2.9 VR6 engine

Pearlescent green with beige leather interior

Full storm spec:

Leather heated seats

Power steering

Central Locking

Full Closure Alarm & immobiliser

Electric windows, mirrors and sunroof

Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)

Active spoiler, comes up at about 55-60MPH

Clarion 12 CD Multichanger Stereo

Air conditioning

Mostly Volkswagon service history with many receipts.

17" TSW Apex alloys

Miltec stainless steel exhaust system

New Front discs and pads & headlight switch

Avo Shocks (adjustable) and H&R springs

And the famous millage... 225,000 miles!

Here are some photos for now - taken by a friend - i'll take some better ones when i get a chance and the weather improves!

A worthy, interesting purchase.

Look forward to hearing that the high mileage has been no problem.

Nice minimalist alloys!

Thanks for the comments guys - the car is a lot tidier than the advert suggested (how rare is that!) and the millage doesnt show either, even the leather interior is almost spotless.

Car looks good apart from the pedals.....

Oh yeh - i dont like the pedals at all - the brake pedal is HUGE and i can only just get my foot past it to get to the accelerator!

Looks excellent inside and out regardless of milage and air conditioning too. I reckon you've got a good deal there mate.

Rear Storm badge alignment looks a bit strange. Blimey, aren't we a set of nit pickers.

Yeah in the wrong place but that's dealers for you not reading the instructions.

Fitted a K&N 57i kit to the car this weekend - car feels like it has a new lease of life now - sounds fantastic too! I need to get some updated pics on here - i think im all done regarding modifications now - all i've done is:

- New front and rear numberplate

- Inpro style clear rear lights.

- Induction kit

- Painted brake callipers

And that should be that 8)

My brother took some pics of the car in the car park at Ikea tonight, they are not that great but show some of the additions to the car - also a couple of short video clips - both fairly pointless but the car is sounding good!

The car is running great - in the last month i've taken it to both Cambrdige and back (150 round trip) and Milton Keynes and back (150 round trip also) and both journeys the car was a joy to drive.

Despite the millage it runs beautifully, starts first time and the heated seats and extras are a dream in this cold weather at the mo - i am missing not being able to use the sunroof though..

Also so far everything still works on the car - lets hope and pray it stays that way :)

228,250 miles and counting.. 8)

Very very smart looking Corrado mate. ( Ahh was you the one with the Lambo and others? )

Looks like it's being looked after very well, nice to see :)

A friend of mine won some x5 alloy wheels for his Audi A3 on ebay - managed to get 5 wheels with good tread on 4 of the wheels for £16! I drove him down there and then him and wheels back - the guy lived very close to the centre of milton keynes and it was really easy to find the place - plenty of roundabouts with directions + all the roads running parallel to each other helps :)

Videos didnt post as i get a complaint about them being 'mp4' files - i'll upload them somewhere and link em in!

A friend of mine won some x5 alloy wheels for his Audi A3 on ebay - managed to get 5 wheels with good tread on 4 of the wheels for £16! I drove him down there and then him and wheels back - the guy lived very close to the centre of milton keynes and it was really easy to find the place - plenty of roundabouts with directions + all the roads running parallel to each other helps :)

Videos didnt post as i get a complaint about them being 'mp4' files - i'll upload them somewhere and link em in!

Bargain!! MK's not bad to get around..

Got up to the 230,000 mile mark now - still running very nice and smooth, the smoothness of the idle is fantastic, cant wait for summer when i can enjoy driving the car fully.

Performance is there too - got 135 out of it the other day (downhill though) but its a great drive.

Dont think the car needs any more mods - welcome suggestions tho!

I went for a track day and got to blast around in a Ferrari 360 - i'll get those photos up in another thread - but it was also a great chance to take photos of my Storm and some video footage as well.

So here's some photos - im looking to enter some in the May competition for the calender so i'll appreciate any feedback about which picture to sumbit [is it only one photo per person per car per month?]