Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Failed the MOT today

I took my car for the MOT today as id forgotten that it runs out on Friday :? Insurance paid last night tax at the end of the month do you think ill be able to go out this month :roll:

It was booked in for 2pm and the guy said it’ll be ready in an hour and ill call you. So two hours later still no call so I went down there and it was sat in the yard with the drivers door open and the keys in the ignition :roll: :roll: :roll: The owner said that they have had trouble with the last car and that mine was next and will be another hour. So I called them about 1 1/2 later and he said that they have just finished and that it had failed :( :( he told me to come down so that he could show me what was wrong.

Got to the garage and he says that the number plate lights were out and to speak to the MOT tester. This guy nearly fell down the pit :D and said "Your cars modded init mate" I said yes but not the No plate lights lol

He says "well you haven’t got any rear lights for the No plate you must have smoothed them out" Now I know ive been doing a few things to the car recently but i dont remember removing these, unless it was in my sleep.

We go round to my car and I showed him the lights, he looked really sheepish and just said "B******* I had the boot open when I checked them” :roll: :roll: So i showed him that they work and the guy passed it 8)

I really hate taking may car for the MOT not that I think its gonna fail but that someone else has my car but to fail on that really made

my day :D :D :D

"weird as your beard!"

Mine got MOT'd on Sat and the inspector told me that eveything was fine except the number plate lights weren't working - as I rolled my eyes - the little grease monkey said "i'll fix them!"

which was nice

I suspect they will do when its all centralised and on this new computer system they are doing.. and once thats done, when you get pulled over, they can basically do a producer all in one shot from the in-policecar computer! No more having to go down to the police station!