Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

New LIGHTING done! *PAGE 5*...

you mean towards the back of the car? nah it doesnt, sounds just as good, it also gives them more air to pound against, thus giving better quality sound.

Good skills. I always admire someone that's not scared to get stuck in with the MDF and resin. That project would have cost you upwards of £40 an hour to do professionally, so with the money you've saved you can treat yourself to some new toys :-)

Oh and you've faced the subs in the right direction for bass response ;-)

That looks brilliant. I've been building a half fibreglass, half mdf box all day today, but mine still looks like it was made in playschool at the moment. although mine is gonna fit in the side (hopefully!) so i can get stuff in the boot still.

Who needs bootspace, anyway!

Good work, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Jonny

neil

the box looks the part

but just a question are your subs for ported free air or enclosed boxs? in other words how where they designed to work also do you know how to wire them up as if you have both pairs running plus to plus and minus to minus you wont hear them

and with so much bass what are you running in the mid and tweeter range you will need some major power in that dept to get a good sound

just wondering

i've got xtreme components up front with tweeters mounted in the mirror plastic part of the door, off the head unit, will be off an amp soon.

the box, i just made it then stuck the subs in there, they sound amazing! vibrating through the whole of the car for a good bass but keeping the vocals up too.

bass is omnidirectional, but depending on the design of speaker and enclosure, certain positioning may cause either cancelling out or doubling up of the signal due to the 'phase' of the sound waves.

looks awesome mate. can you build me one on the roof so i can still go shopping?? ;)

gonna have to start me an install,only thing is.....surely the must be some rattly parts on the interior?i got a few rattles that need sortin before i attempt some serious tunes,lookin very good mate 8)

ok i've been working on it a bit over the cold nights....

DSC00458.JPG

DSC00459.JPG

DSC00460.JPG

Not sure what colour to go for tho........

And now i've also been working on my mates mazda MX-3 door cards for him...

DSC00453.JPG

DSC00454.JPG

DSC00455.JPG

DSC00456.JPG

DSC00457.JPG

just got to buy another set of speakers and another amp then its done!

second amp is going on the MDF side of the home made parcell shelf,

fin0.JPG

fin2.JPG

fin3.JPG

fin4.JPG

fin5.JPG

fin6.JPG

fin7.JPG

fin1.JPG

its getting there!

-Neil-, don't take any offence mate- I love the sub housings but they seem to be let down by the parcel shelf - it looks a bit untidy..don't u think? Top marks for the work you put into the subs though

Lookin good especially the install... would have to agree with STORM 2 parcell shelf lets it down... but im sure you have further finishing off to do to it!

very 8)

nice work, i`ve been following the install and it`s turning out better than i expected, looking forward to seeing what the finished article is gonna look like and the sound performance, keep it up fella :thumbleft:

well the parcell shelf was just so i could mount the amp to something as i didnt want to use the original shelf, im thinking of getting some thinner foam as it looks bit too 'bulky' at the moment!

Its a home made jobbie and i think its turned out alright.

cheers for comments.

all done now!

apart from the unserside of the parcel shelf which i am covering now, its done!

well after cleaning out my garage im managed to get the back end in so i could work on it in the rain!

DSC00627.JPG

DSC00624.JPG

DSC00615.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

DSC00618.JPG

DSC00619.JPG

my new 8", 4 way speakers 200w :lol:

DSC00623.JPG

:D