Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

CorradoVR6-n.o.s's VR6 Turbo,,now sold :(

Nice, I'll join everyone else and congratulate you on rejoining the fold with such a nice example. Good to have you back!

And here's you and Paul working on Chris's old hea... I mean nice VR :-) Nice expression there H8RRA mate, you look p'd off, LOL!

resize_of_dvc00065.jpg

How long before Chris tempts you into charging it?

Yeah thanks going out to James again for doing my clitch for me a couple of years ago, he's a special lad to offer to help out and do a clutch on a VR for sure! :wink:

and there's the very same VR in James's avatar during some energetic beaverings one evening! :lol:

Chris

Cheers for the replys.

Its a K-Plate.

Dont know about NOS at mo... :wink:

What is good for cleaning leather? needs to be some sort of shampo.

a good tub ov saddle soap & one of those cheap illegal imagrants will do a soopa job on yah leather ?

how come there is many north east lads on this thread ? ive been driving around & around looking for a bit raddo but cannot find any in & around stanley / consett ??? should i be venturung furver out ?

A bargain for any mint VR with leather I'd have thought - but with such low miles too - that's just unbelievably cheap!!!! Congratulations! I see it's even got lupo wipers. I take it it was no one from the forum?

BTW, what colour is that?

Perl Green or something but the Dragon green was for storm IIRC but could be wrong.

The N/E has many a Corrado zipping about, we were planning a N/E meet at the Angel pub in Gateshead as there are people from Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland and Durham locally and a couple of people from Hartlepool and Hutton Henry and the like were to go but i couldn't make that one so there will have to be another one.

Chrishill organised the meeting and i think i'll get him to cobble together another one and post it in the Northeast meeting thread!

Chris

Twas me that drilled them Kevin

Chris

twas me that drilled them kev :) - chris helped - :p the bottom ball socket of the strut needs to be ground as well o give the range of movement required

Actually Paul you didn't want to incase it went wrong, i used a 2mm bit to pilot then the larger one and tapped it while you dripped oil onto the tap, then i snapped the die in the vice when cutting the threads deeper on the ball that fits in if you remember, you know what my memory's like for little details!

Chris

we need to measure on chrishills car as that was the original install - theres a very small section that has an overlap or double skin or something that is sufficiently thick to take a tap to maunt the ball joint for the bonnet. we found it by chance really as it coincided with the point i'd worked out for the ball joint location.

chris - need to see your car again matey - i want to put the struts back on mine as well :)

The measurement wasn't an issie Paul, the position was found from fixing the strut to the wing then lifting it up to full lift then marking and drilling there.

Chris

the position is totally relevant - the point was found roughly as you say but the point at which we drilled had a double skin or overlap and was totally relevant as i've drilled other bonnets - bear in mind i've had a few vr's - and if you get it wrong, theres insufficient thickness of metal to take a tap and the bonnet ball mount just flaps around and drops out -

James, there's been about 6 on this exact topic and i've posted pics up as well as Chrishill whom has my old VR with these fitted has posted pics too!

He wants to go to ECP and get some new ones and put them on cos he'll be the only one with them in the country by the sounds of it!

It's just not that hard to do, i mean i did it!

So there you go.

Jai, you could ask one of the mods to kindly sweep the off topic posts into a new thread if you like?

Chris