Sign in to follow this  
alan_edward

Should I highten the ride?

My car is very low at the moment. This is how it looks (taken at GTI inters). The only problem I have is that when I go over a bump or so, I have to slow down to 1mph or else, I am risking something breaking. Last time I went on a small bump at 15mph and broke all bearings and I am depressed. So i am thinking of raising the car. It currently has FK coilovers.

What do you think?

Worth or leave it as it is.

Cheers,

P1010046.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

Alan

Looks about the same sorta ride height as mine, get rid of the chin spoiler and replace it with somthing smaller and it will be a lot more practicle to drive!!

I have a renault magane front spoiler on mine and it fits a treat!!

When a car become's a pain in the ass to drive due to ride height it time to raise it... After all these cars are about driving aren't they.. :lol:

says me..

thats a similar height to mine at the moment , greaton a run or on the twisties and a pain the ar$e around town

love the colour of your car , it isnt that much hassle to alter the ride height so play about until your happy , compromise between looks/usability

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, im jus messing with ya mate,,, air ride is cheating wheres the fun is spending weeks on end getting the setup right :lol:

LOL, nice argument. I think I am going to keep my car as it is and change the front splitter. It looks proper nice at the moment.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Alan

Yum, BBS RX, top choice ;-)

Personally.....jack it up to 60cm from floor to arch at the rear and 59cm at the front. That is, I've found (with a 90mm spoiler) the best compromise between slammage and useability. It's literally only 5mm or so higher than you have already.

Slamming is for gee boys who don't know how to set up suspension properly and think the mid 90s sump scraping look is still cool, it ain't. A balanced ride height earns more respect.

Oh boy.. I think that was the equivilant of poking a rather large stick in a wasps nest Kev!! :D

LOL...it's true though. If you look at the scope of the wishbone arc and the travel of the driveshafts....it's basic physics.

You either want to drive the Corrado like it was intended across fast, bumpy B roads, or you want to look a chav cruising round the streets with no suspension travel grounding out on match sticks.

I know furks and Bally are more cruisey than B road blasting and that's cool if that's their beef, but I prefer *sensible* lowering that still retains a useable amount of travel. Corrados just don't handle when slammed and I'll prove that at any meet across any harsh roads ;-)

I know furks and Bally are more cruisey than B road blasting and that's cool if that's their beef, but I prefer *sensible* lowering that still retains a useable amount of travel. Corrados just don't handle when slammed and I'll prove that at any meet across any harsh roads ;-)

and the last time you saw me drive was??????? load of BS mate i dirve my car harder than a lot of guys with raised suspension,,,makes no diff if you got your suspension setup right..... you got your opinion but dont try and tell me abt blasting over bumpy roads,,, you would be VERY surprised

LOL, and he bites :-)

Sure you drive it hard with 10mm of wishbone travel, try and keep up with me cross country and we'll soon see the differences.....

LOL, and he bites :-)

Sure you drive it hard with 10mm of wishbone travel, try and keep up with me cross country and we'll soon see the differences.....

that wouldnt prove alot, all it would prove is how much the driver is willing to push his car on the road...surely????? :wink:

i bite,,, at what im not having you judging how i drive,, when you have no idea