Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Water injection... Where and why...

mike_g60,

Am soon to get my water injection kit installed (the dual-stage one from the GB but haven't had any of the jets changed at all as I seem to remember was being advised ??) Do I still need to get the jets changed or even use the dual-stage at all, just use a single-stage instead and how do you go about doing this ?) and am going to have the jet installed into the same location as your kit.

Are you still using a 70/30 % mix in the kit (where did you end up getting your demineralised water and methanol from ?) and did you have to get the jets changed at all ? (looking into the fittings supplied in the dual-stage kit I purchased as part of the GB, one of the jets has a "3" and one has a "5" written on it. Which jet should I use or do I need to get them swapped out ? Sorry for all the questions but I want to get this right first-time and not damage anything as my engine is in / will in an even higher state of tune when the kit is finally installed.

Has anyone else found a better-suited location to install the jet and more to the point, has anyone else fitted one of the GB kits to their G60 yet ?

Cheers

mike_g60,

Am soon to get my water injection kit installed (the dual-stage one from the GB but haven't had any of the jets changed at all as I seem to remember was being advised ??) Do I still need to get the jets changed or even use the dual-stage at all, just use a single-stage instead and how do you go about doing this ?) and am going to have the jet installed into the same location as your kit.

Are you still using a 70/30 % mix in the kit (where did you end up getting your demineralised water and methanol from ?) and did you have to get the jets changed at all ? (looking into the fittings supplied in the dual-stage kit I purchased as part of the GB, one of the jets has a "3" and one has a "5" written on it. Which jet should I use or do I need to get them swapped out ? Sorry for all the questions but I want to get this right first-time and not damage anything as my engine is in / will in an even higher state of tune when the kit is finally installed.

Has anyone else found a better-suited location to install the jet and more to the point, has anyone else fitted one of the GB kits to their G60 yet ?

Cheers

Hi mate,

If your running a FMIC you dont really need dual stage, i have a single stage kit on mine, using the 0.3 (3) sized jet, which is located just before the throttle body, think there is pics of it somewhere on here??

I am running a 70/30 mix at the moment which seems to work quite nicely, i also have it kicking in at 15 psi , this helps the water/meth atomise correctly.

I managed to get my demin water from buck @ Hickman and the methanol from 76 racing, (cant remember the exact name, will have to find the link for ya)

If you go down the same sorta route as me, i think you will be quite impressed with the results, i can certainly notice a difference when the injector kicks in, its not NOS or anything but it does seem to make a difference..

I may also try different ratios, such as 60/40 & 50/50 etc etc.

Just gotta try and figure out the problem with my car first before i can start messing around with mixtures. :)

Cheers mate, I do have a huge front-mount intercooler fitted. Just a few other questions though, forgive me for being thick but I take it you can just use the single-jet as one and that constitutes a single-stage kit (if you use both that is dual-stage or are the kits supplied by gibber different ??).

Do you need to change any other parameters and is the pump just set to come on / operate at a certain boost pressure, how does this work (is there sensors / switched that need to be fitted ?) and how did you get the kit set-up properly ? Basically does anything else need to be changed to run the single nozzle if you bought a dual-stage kit in the group-buy ??

Cheers