Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Water injection... Where and why...

samg60 I couldnt tell you mate, you would probs have to do the maths.

Yep the SNS web site is where I got the whole quote from, that where I found out why mine was running strong.

Well having a quick look at where i was going to fit everything today and noticed something really bad, WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING to put the pump?

There is no room for the damn thing anywhere in the engine bay, where are you guys going to fit it?

Also i received very little of the blue tubing, where can i get some more of the stuff because i think am going to need it.

Cheers

Ian

my charger used to pull 20psi on a 65mm ribbed pulley with a 268 cam ... Now have gone down to 65 toothed drive and crazy head im hoping for 1bar max manifold pressure hopfully less... sorry for going off topic

Hello Folks,

Will I need to ISV re-route when I fit the water / methonal injection if so where's the best place to get one.

Thanks for any help in advance.

so have we decided where to put the fogger? want to have a trail fit this weekend i saw gibber you suggested the rsr is it a good idea before the intercooler?i had planned just before the co pot on the plastic boost tube?

I think that I've decided that my first stage fogger will be in the main pipe to the throttle body as close to the intercooler as I can get it and will be the larger of the 2 foggers. The second stage will either be just before the throttle body, or in the inlet manifold itself...

the times I wish I gone for a G60 are quickly diminsihed when I read threads like this.

It would but far too much strain on wallet and being a complete engine luddite I would be pestering the life out of peeps on the forum.

Thank god for n/a simple 16v'ers!

Good luck to everyone tho, will see some peeps at Stealth in November!

Lippy

I managed to get 25 liters of racing methonal for £52 if I mind right.

PS so does the boost return pipe have to be removed to protect the 'charger

Cheers

Thats a bit steep, as far as i know methanol is methanol but i might be wrong.

I've payed about half what you paid for 25L of methanol AND 25L of demineralised water.

I've got 100L of Methanol and 100L of Demin water for about £150 incl delivery.

I would do the boost return mod if I were you just in case.

I get 25l tubs of De-min water from Farnells for £8 delivered (actually free delivery and they`re fooking heavy!).

I don`t have the boost return, it shouldn`t carry any water back to the charger as you should only be injecting on boost, but it`s better to be safe than sorry.

Sandy i've just had the Product Spec sheet faxed through and it looks like the same stuff mate 99.85% purity.

I've been playing with my turn on points and i'm getting quite a kick when the 2nd stage comes in now, the first stage doesn't seem to make that much difference but i think that is because the co pot registers the drop in temp, and from what i've read its best to run stightly lean with w/i, so because the 2nd stage is after the co pot it doesn't fuel to compensate.

Am i thinking along the right lines or not?

Supercharged Junkie plenty of places to fit the pump, try front sub frame, or if you have removed your air box it can go there, or on a bracket next to the battery as it is on my golf!

Supercharged Junkie you should have 8 foot of pipe, but you only need this pipe on the presurised side of the pump, from the pump to the tank you could uses any pipe of a similar bore.

I sure I have read in this post some one who had a load of it.

Yeah i've got loads of 6mm but it draws air in through those 'easy on' fittings. There is hardly any difference in size but it just don't work.

I've managed to source some proper 1/4" stuff from FWB but its like rocking horse shit and they gave me all they had in stock which just about did me. You need to find a compressed air shop thats got 1/4" not 6mm and it needs to withstand 250psi.

All I would do, if attact some rubber pipe from the water tank, run that all the wat to the pump, then attact the rubber pipe to a peice of the pipe then it would fit!

If you are realy struggling let me know and I will order some pipe, I thought you would of asked if it was being so much of a pain.

I run 6mm line with the Aquamist quickfit connectors and it`s never sucked air in, the connectors are only a £5er and excellent quality.

I gave my car it`s real first beating yesterday, a good couple of hours worth of fast driving and I ran faultlessly, no knock at full chat, no i/c just w/i.

Very happy!

Right then, after god knows how much fuel, time and head scratching I’ve come to the conclusion that my car is miles faster WITHOUT this water injection.

No mater which way round i fire the nozzles or what pressures the stages activate or where they are placed the car seriously bogs down when both stages are on.

After getting some information and guidance from Darren at G-werks and using the information on the LINK that Darren provided on the Injector thread and various other water injection sites, I have come up with the following calculations.

Standard Green g60 injectors supply 250cc/min of fuel each at 85% duty cycle X 4 = 1000cc/min of fuel at maximum load point.

The general rule is that water should be injected at 15% of the fuel at any given point

So 15% of 1000cc/min fuel = 150cc/min water.

To convert cc/min to gal/hour Multiply by 0.015873

150cc/min = 2.38095 gal/hour

I have been supplied with a 3 gal/hour and a 5 gal/hour nozzle totaling 8gal/hour when both stages activate

8 gal/hour divided by 0.015873 = 504cc/min = 50% water to fuel.

Can some one in the know run through those calcs and just verify that what I’ve done is right, and if it is just tell me how lucky it is that I haven't hydraulic locked my engine and bent a rod.

Gibber if this is right I’m going to be needing a 0.8 gal/hour nozzle and a 1.5 gal/hour nozzle.