Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Water injection... Where and why...

Wow me and Kev agreeing :lol:

It had to happen sooner or later :lol:

Your VR is charge cooled isn't it? Didn't you build a cooler into or above the intake manifold? Might need to speak to you soon..... if you still want to help me that is..... :lol:

Chris M, it looks too close to the co-pot tbh you`ll probablu be reading the water temp at the co-pot rather than actual air temp, I`d say you`ll need at least a foot of pipe run between the injection point and the IAT sensor, the longer the better. Will post a pic of mine up at the weekend if I get chance.

Chris M good idea mate, but I think keithmac is right maybe a bit too close to the TB to be firing both jets.

Also I was thinking that if you fir both jets virtualy at each other the water vapour will join from the other jet and cause bigger droplets in stead of the fine mist that you want.

I think I am going to follow g-mans advice, keep my 3 gph(smaller jet) close to my tb or before my Co pots as it is now, and fit my bigger 5 gph jet in the rsr.

Cheers guys, i did think it wasn't too clever having them pointing at each other, but it was just a trial. I'm going to leave the small one where it is and turn the turn the CO pot part of the tube around so its slightly further away, and i'll stick the bigger one just after the I/C

stick the bigger one just after the I/C

Yeh sounds the best bet, some people use a small jet just before the ic to combat heatsoak but for a normal system after the ic is best.

Well its up and running but the car feels slower :cry: I've currently got

Tap water only

stage 1 activating at 5psi small nozzle before the TB after the CO pot

stage 2 activating at 11psi large nozzle after the I/C

last night i used nearly 1/4 tank of fuel testing all different arangements, trying to get rid of the bogging down feeling that i'm getting. I think tonight i might try upping the activation pressures.

Any ideas?

Some pics of my install.

yeah when I first fiited my kit it felt exactly the same, however I raised the boost level to 15psi and put a 30% mix alchohol mix in and this sorted everything out, the water injection is only coming in at full WOT.

I had my single stage coming in at 8 psi, and Im going to have the second jet wen I fit it coming it towards the top end about 20 psi on mine.

20psi WTF you got on there :lol:

I've just ordered my methanol and de-minralised (sp?) water 100L of each for £115 delivered, should see me good for a while.

:oops: can anyone spot the mistake in the pics :oops:

Anyway i've just been for another test drive with the CO pot actually conected and i'd say there is not much difference with or without WI, which is better than yesterday, i'll keep playing and see what happens when my methanol turns up.

IT actually vents at 23 psi. The joys of the 92 G60/Passat "3mm larger" main crank pulley (VW p/n 037 105 255) to squeeze out even more boost!

IT actually vents at 23 psi. The joys of the 92 G60/Passat "3mm larger" main crank pulley (VW p/n 037 105 255) to squeeze out even more boost!

and what size poulley do you have on the charger?

yeah I know I need to sort out the flow to bring that boost down, wasnt ment to get it so high, but you know the rule you cant go backwards that wouldnt be cricket.

you sure your cam timing is not out or something, as if it was out your engine would not breathe very well and give you a high manifold pressure reading due to the restriction,, 23 psi really is allot of boost,,

samg60 read the post about the larger crank pulley!

olly elworthy nope timing is set to 8 deg's yes I know that is a bit high but I can cause I run WI, it is a stage 4 PSD charger with an RSR running big pipes, its just abnormaly strong, like the bull yes!

My mate is Richie K, if that helps any off you understand.

For those of you who dont, Richie had a 198 bhp G40 polo running a G60 charger at over 2 bar!

what is the service interval in that then 1000 miles lol

what about the water pump and alt runing faster does that give any probs

Chris M service interval, hum Yeah dont remind me.

Well the crank pully is a vw item made for that engine so everything else must be okay with it.

Hi gibber, well if im running a 53mm pulley on my lysholm what would I need to put on it to make the same psi with that crank pulley, just thinking like you say as 53 can have belt slip problems