Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Water injection... Where and why...

8 gal/hour multiply by 3.7 = 29.6

16.6666667 cc/min per liter/hour

29.6 liter/ hour multiply by 16.6666667 = 493.333 cc/min.

Your right.

Chris M Does your working out still say that the jets are too big?

Im going to be putting an order in this week, if they are too big I will take it up with my guy to get them swapped.

managed to mount my kit that i got from gibber nicely in the boot! will post up a few pics, i managed to mount in on the inner wing just behind the light cluster with a bit of work you wouldnt know its there... :) just waiting for some new jets to come and it will be finished, i think for the £200 odd i spent it was a very good piece of kit for the money... thanks gibber!

billinjahg60 dunno mate, I dont even know one person whos fitted it!

Apart from me haha who runs one daily!

From what i ve been told the best place to mount it ,is just before the throttle body on a single stage kit?

can anyone remember what sized jet i need for the single stage setup, i bought the dual stage kit but after chatting with the guys at G-werks they reccomended i only need the single stage kit position just before the throttle body as i already have a big intercooler to do most of the work.

Also, whereabouts can i get hold of some methanol without spending loads of money? i think i looke at one website who where charging £50 - £60 for 25L !

Sounds a bit much???

Has anyone tried to drill and tap into the bit that goes onto the throttle body?

There is a radius the if drilled correctly could be directed straight into the larger / smaller butterfly in the throttle body?

Would this work? saves me cutting up pipework ... 8)

DSC00060.jpg

fitted a jet into the said position yesterday on my spare one will post pics soon, i used the smaller of the two jets think it was the one with "1" on it as i only need a one jet setup now....

"Chris M"

Whereabouts did you get your water and methanol From?

Or can anyone else reccomend a supplier thats not expensive

Hey Mike

Have you tried the water injection out yet in that position? Any impovements, i got the single stage kit haven`t even got round to looking at it in any great detail as yet but will soon.

Let us know how you get on

Cheers

Ian

its all fitted and functions 8) , i got my jet located just before the throttle body, i am using the small 0.1mm jet at the moment i havent yet really tested it to be honest, i am still waitng to get hold of some methanol and distilled water before i can start messing around with it properly, although i think i may swap the small jet for the larger .3mm jet?? not sure yet, think it will be a case of trial and error, the car is going back into g-werks soon to have a final map, so i will probably get it all sorted out whilst i am there and i can get it all setup with the custom remap to make the most of it. 8)

Well its all fitted now, i have the jet located just before the throttle body, i have a 70/30 water/methanol mix with the water tank cable tied in the boot :oops: wont stay like that for long... i ve got to make up some brackets for that and my oil cooler which is also supported by cable ties at the mo.... 8)

as far as i can tell the car does feel a little better but i cant really judge on this untill summer comes around and after the car has had it final mapping session done but atleast it isnt bogging down or anything!!

no it was a 1/8npt tap, if you look carefully on ebay you can get hold of a very cheap tap and die set for like £5 which includes the tap you need!