Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

new impreza pictures

I still think it looks better than the previous model though, at least the "eyes" are better anyway, which makes a big difference.

But have you noticed, jap cars are becoming more and more like german cars?

i dunno, i quite like the audi 'gape' on the newer models, looks pretty menacing. both the impreza and the evo have really softend up in their last few incarnations and lost the brutal looks which made them famous.

There was an article in CAR magazine alikening the VAG gape to E Munsch's "the scream"

It also pointed out that the poster for the film "Home Alone" was also a pistache of the same "students fave" painting.

Made me laugh - as I had never noticed that

I like it. Looks a hell of a lot more scoobyesque than the previous one. its all in the eyes. just as long as they havn't messed with the engine.

Sorry, but if you really do have to have a Scooby, it needs to be a 22B or P1 in 555 blue with the 3 yellow rings up the side and gold wheels. Everything else is a poor (and ugly) imitation/encarnation.

The older Evos aren't too bad too, but I can't really get excited about the new stuff...

Troo troo, can't argue with that.

EDIT: Bloody hell, they're not half expensive eh :o

The cheapest one in UK right on AutoTrader is a 1999, with 46k miles, £22 495, GODDAMN!!!!

im told the new one is designed by a alfa designer or somfink like that.

i wouldn't buy a new one. old ones much better.residuals are shite too.for 5 grand you can get a lot now. id either buy a uk spec or a sti and remap it instantly. a 96 motor will do 360hp with just more boost and a system. need fcd and afr to be safe though. sti engines are far better than uk but only as good as the tuning. ive seen many a popped sti/wrx engine new and old and its down to the fuel more than not.

i must say ive thought about getting one. theres no way a c can put down the power like a sub. looks though and interior are another thing.

Yeh, the interior is just nasty and the first time I closed a Sub door, I was like, whats wrong with, like hitting a frying pan loosely against the cooker, just not a solid feel at all, and that's with the windows up!!

Sorry, but if you really do have to have a Scooby, it needs to be a 22B or P1 in 555 blue with the 3 yellow rings up the side and gold wheels. Everything else is a poor (and ugly) imitation/encarnation.

The older Evos aren't too bad too, but I can't really get excited about the new stuff...

And old woman in my last job used to have a Terzo III Limited Edition.. god it was gorgeous, but I think after an attempted mugging (in full day light at a busy supermarket car park - god I love Coventry) she flogged it on!

I think sometimes understated Scooby's look nicer rather than in full rally livery! There is a nice one on the business park where I work just with regular 16" speedline alloys in a nice dark blue colour.. totally not "Look at me! I drive a Subaru!" type setup at all.. just nice, purposeful, and equally capable.

And I certainly do get sick to death of seeing done up ones. Some idiot flew up behind me last night in a WRX wagon and came along side me and razzed it past making max use of LOUD droning revs from his huge exhaust and the dump valve.

I mean whats the point? Proud your tuned Scooby managed to scalp a totally standard turbo diesel FFS?! Idiot.

Nope, a Litchfield Type 25 is the one to get :-) Best all rounder ever, and it has the superb Legacy 2.5 lump in it.

Or if you're in the mood for something barmy, Roger Clark Motorsport's road legal 800hp conversion might fit the bill.