Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Best chip for 130 bhp TDI

Lots and lots of people on UK MKIV's seem to go with Revo.. the 130BHP TDI is a great one to get remapped apparently.. should see gains of up to 50BHP and similar amount of torque! :)

bit far away mate.

Heard some good things about 'tunit' boxes on mkiv forum. Only gives 155hp though. Its just not enough is it!

Might go with Star Peformance in kirkcaldy, not cheap at £600 bucks :(

T.

Way back in 2000, I was taken round castle coombe in an ABT prepared Golf PD 130 by their sales rep. Their work boosted the engine to 188hp and about 260ish pound foot. It felt superb, even as a passenger. What struck me was how quickly the rev counter spun round and it kept pulling hard all the way round to the 5K limiter. We were taking out GTIs with ease on the track.

They didn't use a serial box, but rather tuned the EPROM instead and it worked superbly. I've heard the EPROM tuning gives better results than the plugin serial boxes.

Then we went out in their 400hp S4 (V6 Biturbo) which was insane :-)

I've also driven a standard PD130 Bora with sport pack cross country and it was a very well balanced car I felt.

Haven't heard much about ABT these days, not sure if they're still in business tbh.

Anyway, I digress.... PM Nelson Wilbury, he had his Ibiza PD160 chipped by someone up north and it duly destroyed the clutch, so that suggests something!

Way back in 2000, I was taken round castle coombe in an ABT prepared Golf PD 130 by their sales rep. Their work boosted the engine to 188hp and about 260ish pound foot. It felt superb, even as a passenger. What struck me was how quickly the rev counter spun round and it kept pulling hard all the way round to the 5K limiter. We were taking out GTIs with ease on the track.

They didn't use a serial box, but rather tuned the EPROM instead and it worked superbly. I've heard the EPROM tuning gives better results than the plugin serial boxes.

Then we went out in their 400hp S4 (V6 Biturbo) which was insane :-)

I've also driven a standard PD130 Bora with sport pack cross country and it was a very well balanced car I felt.

Haven't heard much about ABT these days, not sure if they're still in business tbh.

Anyway, I digress.... PM Nelson Wilbury, he had his Ibiza PD160 chipped by someone up north and it duly destroyed the clutch, so that suggests something!

Oh, I like the sound of that. I have also thought about RICA. As my Dad is wanting to get his V70R AWD chipped and I want my Bora done they are bound to give some discount for 2 cars. :evil:

310bhp for him :shock: , 180 bhp for me :cry:

T.

i would personally suggest AMD. unlike revo who just bung a generic map on your car... AMD actually map it live on the rolling road so its taylored to your car.

just my opionion but i wouldnt let revo anywhere near my car.... their torque curve is way to high equaling in stripped clutches!

get a resistor chip off ebay, costs about 30quid, fitted one to my GTtdi and RR'd at 180bhp. thats £1 for 1 bhp good value, had no problems and you can fit it yourself