Sign in to follow this  
cuske

G60 Intercoolers???

Anyone gone for a better intercooler. If so which one?, how easy was the conversion? and what's the difference running it? Thanks

ur best bet is to get a Golf G60 intercooler setup, an easy fitment and the difference is quite noticable, there are only very slight modifications that need to be made which become obvious when you come to fit it all together, the only down side is that they range from between £400 - £600 for the complete setup including pipes etc secondhand! another route you could go down is water injection??

The Golf G60 setup is also by far the cheapest even at £600!!!

My Custom setup with a Polished Forge Intercooler sat low down in the Front vent of my RS4 Bumper set me back- with all the custom pipework, Red Silicone hoses and Oil Cooler came to over £1200!!!!!

Audi RS Instercooler £600, £1200 whole job including piping, slam panel work RS2 bumper and rad placement

you really don't need to alter the slam panel or move the rad for the Audi RS Intercooler, it's a bit of a waste of time and effort and money!!!!!!!! I have mine in the same place and didn't need any of that!!!

The only reason that was done was to allow more room behind the grill to allow more air in the engine bay

I do appreciate why it was done and I'm definatly not knocking your setup or John Mitchells work as it is good. It's just I'm not convinced that it would make that much of a difference.

That's the one that Jabbasport sell I think, they had a stall right next to Jabba at Inters this year. It did look rather nice and came with all necessary hard piping and silicone hoses. Don't know about the quality and design of the core though.

Twin pass systems can work very well indeed.

What charge temp drop are you guys seeing through your custom front mounts ?

Merc sprinter intercooler, cheap as chips, make up your own pipes and off you go, not gonna come anywhere near 600 notes, infact so far its lookin like its gonna cost me about 100

Mind you i managed to get the cooler for free

another route you could go down is water injection??

That's what I'll be trying on my charged VR. Jim has kindly offered me a standard G60 intercooler, brackets and pipework etc, to which I'll add water injection to supplement it. Should be a good experiment :-)