Sign in to follow this  
Andy91

Insurance company

Just a very quick one, i cant see it affecting many people but thought i would post just in case.

DO NOT and i mean DO NOT use ASDA insurance. I know a few people venture for the best deal, so did my mum with her golf (mk3 1.7d) but the stuff they are putting her though, and the 'administration charges' that are being charged to her is beyond a joke.

They have lied and cheated her out of money and a lot of time.

Then just as she gets her head around it she gets mail saying the remainder of the policy is being refunded... £4500... the policy was only ever 500... so go figure.

I couldnt see another sticky or anything on this (although i am very blind like that) so apoligies if in wrong place.

I'm sure if we had a "bad insurance company thread" pretty much all companies would show up sooner or later. You ask enough people and you'll find bad stories about every insurance company.

A little more context might allow folks to decide for themselves if the insurance company behaved fraudulently or stupidly?

Bit more sure:

She couldnt add my sister to her last insurance, so she moved to ASDA as they would, for an ok price, but also they said that at any time my sister could be removed from the insurance and a refund given.

My mum specifically asked that knowing full well my sister would only be on it for x months, they said fine, and that she could be taken off on the day of the call with a refund starting from the first of the next month and no prior notice needed.

So when she phoned up to cancel they told her about the admin fees (which she was expecting) they then said the refund would be £x etc... which was about £200 less than the full monthly refund, they then denied everything about the full refund etc.

The only way my mum manged to do it was to cancel the entir policy (more admin charges) start a new one without my sister on, so now they have her for another 12 months, and still didnt give the entire refund.

The admin charges are now over £100, and this refund is apparently £4500 (which i say she should take them to court over when they dont pay it haha), so she has no idea because nothing adds up (i checked).

So no idea what on earth they are doing, but they managed to get her for more money so they are happy :-/

Its getting to the stage these days with call centres where im tempted to make my own copy of the call for future reference etc :-/

Exactly - they record it, no reason you shouldn't aswell.

It's even worse if you're doing stuff on the web. They will deny all knowledge unless you "printed it out". Which is a laugh.. Anyone with half a braincell can fake a screenfull of whatever it is you want to prove ...

I was with Endsleigh a few years ago and they added admin charges all the time!! Cost me £25 iirc, to change my address on the policy. Whereas Chris Knott who I'm with now did it for free and there was no extra charge for the policy even though I've moved out of a sleepy little village into the outskirts of Bristol!!

It makes me mad that they charge for 'admin' when all it takes is a few minutes (if that) to change some details on their database!! :mad:

there was no extra charge for the policy even though I've moved out of a sleepy little village into the outskirts of Bristol!!

ahem! and why would there be???

i'm actually paying more now ive moved from bristol to sleepy bath!