Sign in to follow this  
morpheus20170

My new car

Its a nice colour! Looks good man.. look forward to a few more pics if you manage to get em :D

What spec is it again?

It's only a 1.8 16v at the mo, the handbrake is a bit high and the accelerator pedal is heavy but I can't get it fixed until next Thursday, I'm looking for more performance but don't know where to start and clear side indicator lenses but I don't know who to contact, can anyone help, please?

Cheers,

Paul

P.s. more photos on the way.

It's only a 1.8 16v at the mo, the handbrake is a bit high and the accelerator pedal is heavy but I can't get it fixed until next Thursday, I'm looking for more performance but don't know where to start and clear side indicator lenses but I don't know who to contact, can anyone help, please?

Cheers,

Paul

P.s. more photos on the way.

Mate:

Handbrake can be adjusted in ten mins from inside the car..... take the centre console off where handbrake is and you will see two handbrake cables.... I adjusted mine by jacking up back of car and kept tightening the nuts on the cables evenly until the wheels locked on the back then loosened off a couple of turns... handbrake should click three times as a rule when pulling up....

Accelerator cable - buy a new one from VW (£20) and install it.... make sure grommet is fixed into bulkhead... takes five mins to do.

Both jobs are easy to do so have a go!

Scott

Not a standard C colour by the looks of it - has the side rubbing strips and door handle's colour coded - looks really nice though!

Good job!

The only odd part that I don't like the look of is my drivers door won't shut flush against the car, if you run your hand sideways along the car when the door is shut, obviously, then it isn't smooth but I have checked it over as did my father and it doesn't seem to have been in a crash but what do I know.

Hoping now for no bad replies.....

Cheers,

Paul

I know that on the mk2 Golf's the doors were sometimes prone to sagging a little.

Does sound a little bit like it's been pranged and resprayed.

Did you do a HPI check?

What is a HPI check and I have checked all over the car and no sign of a prang, thank god, I love the car and will see if the door has dropped at all and just needs tightening, maybe someone can tell me, please.

hpi is a company that checks all the history of any car...

btw those bbs look wicked on your car mate...

Cheers m8, got all 5, the spare as well, result.

My mate has just looked over it and a lot has been replaced, at a closer inspection the paintwork isn't as good as first seems but still nice colour, rear seats need to be cleaned and little screws need replacing, bulbs, etc. but nothing is that bad especially for the money.

I will get it just right soon.

.... clear side indicator lenses but I don't know who to contact, can anyone help, please?

for clear side repeaters try Volksbits - they've do some nice crystal style clear ones or do a search on ebay for completely clear & plain ones.

HTH,

dubster u kno when u get bored and play around with peeps car on photoshop the poor victims end up spending loads on their car coz they look so good with ur lil mods on em :D

Tell u wat is a pain in the back side is when u think ur car is running sweet than u think right i;ll go a spend a few ££££ on mods and when u finish them, something goes wrong with ya car thats a bugger ........

DUB---wait till someone spices up ur car and u low on cash :D :D :D :D :p LOL

Hey Dubs not a problem, and Furkan, I know just what you mean, it happens to the best of us m8, good luck.

Hope to see everyone with a Corrado comind down for the Guildford to Brighton run on Sunday at Stanmer Park, 12.00-12.30.

Cheers,

Paul

Email me or post me a PM everyone that can come.

Tell u wat is a pain in the back side is when u think ur car is running sweet than u think right i;ll go a spend a few ££££ on mods and when u finish them, something goes wrong with ya car thats a bugger ........

Thats a right pain in the butt aint it?

wait till someone spices up ur car and u low on cash LOL

Dont need to wait. did mine already.... just need the cash now.... :cry: