Sign in to follow this  
mr.ots

Tiff Needell / Top Gear G60 vid - see P9 for download :!:

that is awsome, quicker than a 924??!!! dont think i'll be trying to make mine move quite like that though !! was there somthing different to that supercharger than production models ??? looked like it had another part behind it??

muchas gracias for decoding that ! :D 8)

a G60 with a 6,200rpm limiter and it does 140mph!? :scratch: :confused4:

Possibly - on the speedo . :wink:

Oh Christ...can of worms...!

Mine did an indicated 80 at 3-and-a-bit thousand RPM so it seems OK to me? I also have 2 of the original mags (Car and Autocar) that stated 140 as well...

(My mate and I bought G60s at the same time and he had 155 on the speedo on his down the local bypass, so 140 seems reasonable - can we leave the worms there?!?! ;) )

Anyway...must get onto Paypal. Brilliant!

And go to 1:32...that sound as he pulls past the camera...I want my old car back!!!!!!

1 thing i noticed right, goto 1:55 and do you notice somehing different???

well afaik, g60's only went to 7k revs,wheras this one says 8k! :|

thought its worth putting sams paypal address on this page as well, saves trawling back through:

Paypal address for this will be:

mailto:[email protected]

Aha! I won't wait for him to respond to my PM then :lol: £2 sent 8)

He drives it like a loon! At one point he's on three wheels for about 7 seconds going round a corner! :D

Again - its only a pre-production car so I can only assume there was a little bit of bodging, etc going on there with regards to parts like the clocks and the rocker cover.

There is somthing about the engine bay that just looks different which I can't really identify or work out though.. looks very different from Tempests G60 which is a LHD and virtually totally standard..

He drives it like a loon! At one point he's on three wheels for about 7 seconds going round a corner! :D

Again - its only a pre-production car so I can only assume there was a little bit of bodging, etc going on there with regards to parts like the clocks and the rocker cover.

There is somthing about the engine bay that just looks different which I can't really identify or work out though.. looks very different from Tempests G60 which is a LHD and virtually totally standard..

Yeah, the rocker cover stands out like a sore thumb but you're right, there's something else. Sadly I no longer have one to check, but it looks like the fan cowling is different (could just be the different angle though - I'm used to looking straight down into the engine bay, not from that camera viewpoint :) ).

well done to every body for getting the clip up and ill be off to paypal in a few minutes,

tiff really does get the car moveing and he pts it through its pases and he really gets the back wheels up in the air :lol: ,

imho i dont think that tiff is really impressed with the car and doesnt really give a good glowing review, mabey its just the older more indifferent presenting approach of the older topgear i could be wrong

all in all great vid lads

They used to be quite pragmatic in their reviews, Top gear used to have more of an old school BBC style to it.

I think he was enjoying himself though.

PP Sent.

Come on Guys - We have £15 so far, not really enough to buy a really nice bunch of flowers. I'm sure that we can all do much better than this

Come on Guys - We have £15 so far, not really enough to buy a really nice bunch of flowers. I'm sure that we can all do much better than this

Payment sent :)

I tried to send it last night but was half-cut, thought it best to wait until sobriety kicked in before making any financial transactions...!

Payment sent :)

I tried to send it last night but was half-cut, thought it best to wait until sobriety kicked in before making any financial transactions...!

lol.. could have been a generous donation of £200 for a bunch of flowers there Blair! :)

Nice work Sam and the conversion team!

£2.50 sent towards les flurs, well worth it. Retro heaven.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks for all the donations so far - but a few more would be gratefully recieved before I go and buy them so we can get as good a bunch as possible!!!

nice one... just downloading it now... any chance in getting the one he did on the vr6 storm though? i did try to get it from the bbc a while ago but they werent as helpfull for me.