Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Which Clutch?

Need to get a new clutch ordered, what do you recommend? I'd hope it would feel similar to the std unit in operation but be able to handle 380lbft of VR6T.

TIA

I doubt a standard clutch would last too long in there.

As you are limited as to the diameter that you can use, only option is to fit a "sports" clutch. Some are good, some are not.

Ideally, a paddle clutch would be good but you will loose much of the clutch "feel". In my experience, these clutches tend to "grab" at the biting point & can be difficult to change gears smoothly. These clutches also tend to be rather expensive.

Helix Autosport are good, which are a combination of SACHS sporting pressure plate and their own blend of friction material. They're heavier to operate than stock though as the pressure plate springs are obviously stronger to push the disc harder onto the flywheel. It's not massively heavier but your knee might start to ache after 10 mins in traffic.

I`ve got a Helix paddle in the mk2, not that bad in traffic when you get used to them, I was expecting far worse, also using the sporting pressure plate and the pedal is noticably heavier.