Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Sometimes I wonder...

What the Corrado looks like to a non enthusiast?

Like I was just scanning through the archive and come across a corrado beating a focus rs. Imagine yourse;lf in a focuse rs being beaten by a corrado and thinking what the hell is that?!

i find it cool

guess we'll never know though

anyways when dod you first see your corrado too, mine was when my mate got (the car i own now) the corrado 2-3 years ago.

When I bought my second Mk2 Golf GTI in 1996, the guy (a main-dealer VW mechanic) was selling due to the purchase of a blue Corrado 16v. It was the first time I'd taken a look around one and I remember being suitably impressed by the spoiler. I can remember the guy telling me about them being Karmann-built.

A few months previous I tried to taunt an N-reg Corrado VR6 into a ding-dong on the A11 against the Astra GTE 16v I was in. He wasn't interested though, probably since his Corrado was brand new at the time.

I guess as a car enthusiast I was always aware of the Corrado but it was a long time before I saw one up close.

Well on looks alone it certainly sells itself. I pulled up at work just now and one of the women upstairs saw me getting out of the Golf and the conversation went:

Her: "You got a new car?"

Me: "No?"

Her: "Oh.. I thought you used to drive that really sporty thing"

Me: "Alas not.. sold that in April and have had this ever since, trying to be sensible"

Her: "Oooh right"

It must do the right thing.. even when just dawdling about with the normal traffic, the amount of people who looked and just stared as I rolled past was incredible. It definately stands out from the crowd, no doubt about it :)

I was first aware of Corrado's a fair few years back when my chemistry teacher (she was in her late 20's, bit of a TILF! :) ) bought a brand new dragon green 16 valver). Loved it and remember she looked GOOD driving it! I have been brought up around Golf's and have always been into the GTI scene - then saw Daz Yate's C at a GTI meet about 4 years ago and have craved them ever since.....they're a natural progression from a MK2 golf GTI.

But yeah, I do wonder what other people think - lots of people I know just don't get it! Think it's one of those cars where the more you look at it, the more you realise it's good looks....bit of a grower.

I can testify to that, kids and young lads alike turn their heads as I go past alot of the time and people 'in the know' about cars are suitably impressed at work.

First one I saw in real life was a nugget yellow G60 in my home town in around '91... Was just blown away by the colour and the noise it made... It's probably the reason why I now own 2 G60s! :lol:

I got a compliment from a guy in a new Aston Martin yesterday... "Great looking car mate, sounds awesome too..." :crazyeyes: 8)

I may live to regret this comment... :oops:

the first corrado I saw was in Max Power, on the shelf I hasten to add I didnt buy it) and it had that orange paint job.

It was the paint that caught my attention then I saw how beautiful the car was underneath. Other than that I only remember seeing one other Corrado before I bought mine last year.

Can't get enough now - especially with all the minters on this forum :D

Can't remember the first time I saw one, but I remember sitting in a new VR6 in my local dealers showroom, when I had a Mk1 GTI, I loved it.

I didn't actually like the styling very much, but after 2 Polos and then using a MK1 Golf everyday I wanted something a little more refined, but different and it had to be VW. I did want a Mk2 Golf 16v for a while, but didn't like the interior, whereas I really did like the Corrado interior. In the end I got a 1990 8v Golf, because I couldn't afford a Rado at £6000 for a G reg 16v!!!

The Golf was great, I kept it for 5 years, but I was cleaning it up for inters one year, and thought, "Its just not a Corrado". 7 days later I put a deposit on the second C I looked at. That was 3.5 years ago and I still have it today!

I find a lot of people don't even notice it, but anyone who's in to cars show quite an interest.

i always loved the Golf but the first time i saw the Corrado, i jus remeber seeing the spoiler go up! i was like WOW!! i want one!

i didnt think it was a VW, it was only a few days later i walked past the car and realised it was a VW. i thought i have to have one when i can afford it!

that was when i was 17. when i hit 23, i just wanted one!

but a couple of weeks ago, i had someone get out of a Aston Martin, he was telling me how he bought a VR6 brand new! he said it was one of the best cars he had owned! what a compliment!!

First one I saw? TV programm whilst living in Germany, back when the Rado was first introduced. Liked the looks of it, always turned my head when I did see one on the roads later on, but preferred (and still do) the shape of the Mk1 Rocco.

Well, some time went by, a Mk1 Rieger Rocco somehow managed to sneak into my garage :lol:, followed by a Mk2 Storm Rocco into another garage, and after a 3-day test drive of a mate's G60 Rado, I had my US-G60 within a month :lol:

Yesterday again, I noticed some teenagers staring at my Rado, whilst I drove by slowly, enjoying the moment :lol: Thankfully I wasn't accelerating, and hence my Rado didn't squeak (see corresponding thead in Engine Bay) ;-)

Tempest

I was never really into cars.. first started getted interested in them when a mate I used to work with had a Renault 19v - went out in that a few times and I was hooked. It had a sporty exhaust and air filter and I thought it was the don.

But then another mate owned a VR6 in that black colour which sparkles blue in sunlight.. took me out in that (around 1999/2000), and 100MPH in 3rd gear and the electric spoiler just had me absolutely mesmerised. I've been hooked on Corrado's ever since!

I was never really into cars..

same here, i never really had an interest atall till my mate got the rado, as soon as i saww it I fell in love with it. can remember when he dropped me off at home when i was 15 and i remember saying to him "you know what, im gonna have this for a first car, this exact car" he didnt believe me atall saying it would cost way too much insure, but here i am now and i proved im wrong!

to me its not about the money, its about the car

Friend of a friend took me out in a G60 Turbo 280bhp monster abt 3years ago when I used to love my Fords lol ever since then I decided I wanted one so hunted for a storm... ended up with a valver.. facking ex mrs!! ggrrr!

My dad has been driving Scirroco's for a long time, and I loved them, Ieven bought one from him. We have 4 between the two of us. I loved the look of the Corrado too, but never saw one up close untill a couple weeks ago. We had one in the shop a couple weeks ago for an alarm removal so the guy could sell it. I wouldnt let him leave till he sold it to me. All it took was sitting in it.