Sign in to follow this  
VR6

Xenon headlights?

I've seen conversion kits for these headlights but they seem to go for about £600!! :shock: - what the hell do they convert??

I really like the looks and more importantly the performance of them and was wondering if there is a cheaper way round it??

Just go down to the scrapy and find a vauxhaull with HIDs remove them and the wiring and control units and fit them to the C, you may need to make some carriers for the bulbs. (use and old bulb) i will be attempting it soon. so i'll let you know how i get on, or i may be getting my angel eyes

I presume from the price you mean HIDs?

xenon are the standard upgrade from halogen lights that boy racers put in their cars to make them look whiter, some tint with blue, to get the HID effect.

Must admit the gas in the bulb is xenon in the HIDS anyway.

I bought a set of the £600 lights for my impreza but have not fitted them yet.

They are made by a few companies, the best i know of being Bellof, but some are available from target. These can be bought froma company I know of called C.A. automotive. if interested, ask for roy and tell him Adam with the 22B sent you, he may help you on price.

The £600 plus ones are dual beam, hence the increased price. No other HIDs, factory fit or otherwise can provide dip and main beam. Factory HIDs revert to standrard bulbs for main beam. These ones work by shifting the electric field around the discharge filament to cause the location of the spark to move into the same focal point as it would be i a dual beam H4 bulb.

Havent changed the bulbs yet on the corrado, but am presuming they are a single lamp dual beam H4? if the main beam is separated into two bulbs, one for dip, and one for main as can be done on a mark two golf, then it is possible to fit a single beam H4 for £400 or less, you could consider getting yourself a separate driving lamp for high beam only, and using cheaper HIDs for dipped beam.

Having seen the quality and complexity of the bellof kit, I dont think i wuld be keen on going the scrap yard way, especially given the voltage these things run at, and the temperature of the spark (6000K!!:EEK:)

cheers adam - let me know how you get on with the bellof kit.

btw i did mean HID conversion kits but thought that everyone would know what I meant when I said xenon ie not the crappy novaboys green lights! :lol:

lol, are nova boys hated by everyone?

I thought it was just the biggots on scoobynet, but it would appear they are the scum of the car enthusiast world!

poor guys, we all have to start somewhere! thankfulyl I chose the golf!

lol @ biggots from scoobynet!

That's my point Adam - you had the choice of a cheap to buy/insure car and went for the educated option of a Golf. BUT did you fit a drainpipe instead of an exhaust, black out the windows (which is actually quite sensible for a nova driver! :lol: ), and blast (well as much as a 1.2 can blast) round town with your windows down and stereo on full blast?

I think it boils down to the fact that they'd rather have a shite car that looks fast than a fast car that looks shite. :?: :idea:

Rant over :D 8)

I have a fast car that looks shite (subaru) so I suppose I fall into the second category.

Have never tinted windows in my life, although the 22B came with dark rear glass and back windscreen, and since it isnt a film, there is nothing I can do about it, plus I kinda want it to look standard!

Have never put on a large exhaust except for when it makes a difference to performance, eg. turbo charged cars :D!

I.ve got tinted rear side windows but thats to stop the sun from boiling my car and fading my interior btw

:mad:

yeah but that's acceptable Nigel as you live in Spain :mad: GRRRR :)

For us stuck over here I think the Novaboys tinting their windows is either really optimistic or really erm .... I'm sure there's a word for it :lol:

I have tinted windows so I can have sex in the car... :lol:

Ask my Mrs. ;)

I have all 4 side windows and rear window tinted with a medium tint. Works well with the blackberry paint.

Yeah I had tinted windows on my G60 I think they look cool if they are done properly.It`s the ones that look like purple Quality Street wrappers that are c**p.It`s also a bonus if no -one can see you sh****** the wife or somebody elses wife :!: :!: 8)

Dazzyvr6 I know a guy that does an exellent job of tinting windows I think he may be a bit far from you though he did my corrado a few months back and did a top job He is based in Crawley 5 minutes from Gatwick airport, he has also done alot of show cars and has also tinted alot of the Lax Power and Revs editors and writers cars he charged me £250 and that did my rear window in black chromium 5% and the side windows in 20% black classic and it has transformed the car. See attached photo and judge for yourself it's a long drive from wales but you would be very pleased with the results if you want his number let me know I'll give it to you and he might give you discount as I have thrown alot of work at him over the last few months so he might do cut you a deal

I have tinted windows so I can have sex in the car... :lol:

Ask my Mrs. ;)

I have all 4 side windows and rear window tinted with a medium tint. Works well with the blackberry paint.

That can't be too easy in a Corrado - they aint exactly the most spacious of cars! :)

where could i get my windows tinted?and how much would it roughly cost?

I did mine my sell

Get a spray bottle full of hot water a washing up liquid, spray the outside of the window with the mix, then cut the film to size using the outside as a guide. then with the cut piece trim it to size using the same method inside the car. then clean the outside of the window and inside, then spary the inside again with the mix and apply the film. The water mix allows it to floats till you have all the bubbles out. the water drys leaving it stuck.

Hi,I had my G60 done by Pentagon Autotint,they have franchises all over. I had a pearl green car and had the windows done in light bronze smoke(sounds terrible looked awesome) It cost about £300 but it had a lifetime guarantee.They did a really good job and I would use them again. 8) 8)

That can't be too easy in a Corrado - they aint exactly the most spacious of cars!

Easier than my previous car: MX5 :!:

So easy in comparison :lol:

How's your light with Xenon installed ?

Mine doesn't come though the yearly official tests, so I have to exchange them for a day with original halogen lights H4.