Sign in to follow this  
Trig

Insurance Quoting

Trying to get a new insurance policy because it turns out that Direct Line don't cover under 25's for modifications. Elephant seem to be the next cheapest @ £925 for the year fully comp. with 2y NC.

But.... I can save myself almost £100 on the quote (making it £829) by 'bending the truth'....!

I got my license on 12th December 2001, meaning I have had it 4 years 11 months this saturday - but if I put down the next option (5+ years) the quote is reduced by £95!! Now I know its really risky telling lies but it's quite a bit of cash (that could go towards future mods) to save.

So the plan I thought of was to get insured on the 'honest' £925 policy then cancel it after a month (after only one months payment) and then renew it again for the whole year with my then 5+ yrs license and pay less!

Does anyone know anywhere that I can get a months insurance or if I would have problems canceling a 12 mont policy? Or shall I just forget it and pay the extra!?

Pay the full lot mate.

You'll lose money cancelling your insurance through adminstration fees. Usually around £50. It aint worth the hassle.

Better being safe than sorry.

T.

give brentacre a phone - recommended by others on here, thats who I am hoping to get my insurance with this year.

Failing that Adrian Flux where cheapest for me last year...

you could wait a month if thats feasble

I waited 2 weeks but had access to other cars via others insurance,

but was in same boat as you early 20's and insurance robbers !

Thanks fo the idea chubby.. I can borrow my bros pug and get on the policy only problem is this....

Reason i'm changing insurance company is because DL won't cover me for mods, the SS exhaust I have I can get away with but in two weeks i'm going away for the weekend and dropping in at Stealth to get...well... dropped (Koni TA's/H&R's). As soon as my shocks & springs are fitted my policy is invalid. Now I could risk driving the C all the way back to cornwall technicaly uninsured then whack her in the garage for a couple of weeks until the 5 yr anniversary of me passing my test then get the new (cheaper) insurance policy. If the worst did happen would they really invalidate my policy?

...Or I could just forget about it all and just get my new policy all sorted for the Stealth trip and drive safe in the knowlege that I am defianately fully insured.

The saving on the insurance would be a nice chip of the price of the suspension set up. ;)

I've heard that elephant and admiral are in fact the same company but one may give you a lower quote than the other so give admiral a try.

Thanks for the suggestion but i've tried 'the 'ol sea dog' and he was slightly more expensive :|

I have just used confused.com very easy to use and they suggested the best deal for my C was dial direct (on the web). Don't ask the price though as I am old and have lots of no claims and it will make you cry!! ;)