Sign in to follow this  
neil20vtc

aluminium cold air intake

hi i have a 2.0 16v rado and am about to get a k+n panel filter for it, i have seen on some peoples specs that they have one of these filters but also have a aluminium cold air intake and a modified air box can you buy these intakes or are they home made?, i take it the modified air box is just a case of drilling holes in the bottom of it? any advice is much appreciated

Alloy is not great for a cold air feed as it'll get hot from the engine. You'd be better off with a plastic or carbon

That link above looks great!

i tried fitting my jabba induction kit under where the c/c used to be but its too feckin big!!!looks like i'll have to get a smaller one

Thats great until you go through a puddle which didnt look quite as deep as it actually was, like my mate did in his 530 beemer, bye bye engine!!!

Ive used a pipercross viper cone filter thats wrapped in carbon.

Modded the airbox so the feed goes down through the cc hole to the filter,then the air goes through a funnel at front of bumper into the filter

cheers for the advice flusted i actually work at a pvc window factory that sells drain pipe so think some might acidentally fall into my bag!! one other thing ive just got a polished inlet manifold will i have to replace any gaskets when i swap it?

cheers for the advice flusted i actually work at a pvc window factory that sells drain pipe so think some might acidentally fall into my bag!! one other thing ive just got a polished inlet manifold will i have to replace any gaskets when i swap it?

Should be a perk of the job!