Sign in to follow this  
robbymac

what year is my car

has any body else had this trouble. I have had three corrados all 1.8 16v all G reg. I have had a lot of trouble with this car and replaced most things as had been abused when brought it . but had the fuel pump go a little while ago but instead of being in the normal place under the car it had just one in the fuel tank and ordered from stealers and they gave me the wrong one, so i told them it was the wrong one and they said that is the only one for the car. so went home and rang through the part number and it came up as a vr6 pump 1993 onwards and the parts bloke at stealers could not understand plus it had been discontinued so had to buy sender as well total bill £197.67 . then at the weekend i brought some new abs sensors at £103 +vat and they are the wrong ones and had to give part number again for them to get right part lucky for me they they were only £40 but again for a 1993 onwards but its a 1990 car i have hpi this car and it came up clear apart from a private number plate being put on

also it has all extras heated leather, abs, 70 litre fuel tank , late spec interior with switchs

has any body else had this trouble

Erm... it's not a 1990 then with late interior and larger fuel tank!

You sure it's a 1.8 16V and not a 2.0?

What is the chassis number and what do the dealers say when they look up the parts with it?

Did early cars have ABS?

Look out for engine stamp 9A (2.0 16v) or KR (1.8 16v) in the service book and stamp on the the inside of the rear boot panel.

Obvious difference is if you pop the bonnet open on the left hand side closer to the front do you see just the airbox (9A 2.0 16v) or 4 fuel lines that sit over the air box (KR 1.8 16v)?

From the spec it definitely sounds like a later car or someone has gone to a lot of trouble to update it.

It would help if there was some sort of pattern to the way these things were built :lol: ..they're all bloody different!

its definatley a 1990 thats what the chassis number says and mine is a early one as the dealer says its a model k and they change on a model M which is 1991/92 its a bit of a puzzle to me but still getting around it

lus it aint been converted as loom is still in oringinal condition

i aint got service book but all old mots etc i have changed the engine as the one was in it the big ends went as been abused

if the late interiors were 92 onwards i dont know whats happened as the looms in the car have not been cut and changed plus the loom for the mirrors are different on late to early same as window switches so they have changed the loom when chaning the interior why would somebody do that

also why is the spare a 14" when it wont fir the front if i get a flat tyre as its got 280 mm disks as standard or do they make a 15" space saver cheers people

also why is the spare a 14" when it wont fir the front if i get a flat tyre as its got 280 mm disks as standard or do they make a 15" space saver cheers people

I gotta see this car - does it look like the one above, lol!

Only the G60's and the VR's got 280mm (wasn't even an option on the 16v's)

I suspect they've been upgraded at some point but I'm fairly sure you should have got a 15" spare regardless unless your car came with 14's...

so can you get 256 brakes with abs as i thought you only got abs with 280 brakes and thats what i have

no my does not look like that he he

its alot of work to put abs in a car plus if somebody has put it in they have done a bloody good job

I think if your chassis number is post N then you should have ABS, etc. Well that what I remember being told when I was looking for a late g60.

Don’t know if this helps?