Sign in to follow this  
tarche2

Lowering a corrado on different rims!!!!

Hello all I am new on here. Just wondering. I have a 1990 1.8 16v corrado and am looking at changing the rims and lowering! BUT I dont want to start hacking arches and stuff I just want to settle the stance a bit and get rid of the shite rims that came with it. I am looking at getting some 15" x 7" et35 rims running 195/50/15 tyres. Does anyone know how much I can lower the car wityhout haveing to do arches and with no rubbing.

Thanks

Tony! 8)

60mm would probably be fine with 7" wide rims, possibly even 80mm before you start getting problems but thats a bit low for daily use.

its more likely the wheels will hit the arch liners rather than the arches themselves.

yeah my golf was 80mm drop and was not to bad but I was thinking a 40! I am just looking to settle the stand a bit not deck it as they sit low anyway!

40's a good compromise, i dropped my old valver that much and it just took the edge off the ride height without making it look modified. My vr's down 60mm and I think thats just about perfect for looks, although it deffinatly 'looks' lowered if you see what i mean.

your drop should be fine 40 to 60mm. Mine at 40 was fine even with a 205 tyre with a 38et.

Im now running 195 tyres on a 7" rim. I would NOT do this again, the tyre is too narrow for happy handling / it looks odd too - to a degree. Try a 205 tyre

thanks stuartfzr400! (i used to have an fzr400 great bikes) Chris what are the wheels specs on that the car looks awesome good job! What make suspension did u drop urs with?

the wheels were 16x7.5 borbet c's, i dont remember the tyre sizes! I used a 'lowering kit' from euro car parts, quite cheap and you could tell! the ride was pretty bouncy!

ok cool! Well I have had 3 gmax kits so far and all have been awesome so I think a 40mm gmax kit and I can look at wheels at a laters date Cheers!!!!

Mine's dropped 60mm on 7X17's - the only rubbing I have is against the arch liners and only on full lock 8)

C%20front%20left_thumb.jpg

on those rims you could drop it till the sump drags on the floor!

:lol: Thats my kinda thinking 8)

Sweet cheers guys u have been much help!!!! Think a 40mm drop should be ok if not Ill buy a 60mm set of springs at a later date!