Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

next mod

Ok ive had my car set up at jabbasport after having a chip and 68mm pulley fitted a couple of months back. The delivery of power is noticable, but i still think i need a bit more horses. Any ideas what i can get done next to add more power but isnt too expensive nor requiring other work to be done.

It would be more sensible to uprate the brakes and shocks/bushes before worrying about more power. (assuming you havent already done this)

"Power is nothing without control" wasn't it volvo who said that??

As long as the suspension and brakes are in good nic he should be OK. The G60 is a "sports" car after all and should be able to cope with a little extra grunt. The car will handle nicer and look a lot better if you lower it a touch though.

I know but I tend to believe its the better way round to do it cos then you are free to focus all your attention on power increases knowing that you shouldn't have to worry about handling/control issues.

I just slammed my c on koni coilovers. I couldn't tell you drop but it was pretty high even for standard, its now 57cm F and 58cm R and its a lot more fun than a few extra horses.

Damit ive just let slip my true nature, and i nearly got away with the responsible driver thing too. Oh well.

OK OK and oil cooler you say, is that totally dif from an intercooler? Someone point me in the right direction to get a bargain priced oil cooler?

Oh and it was pirelli whos quote was "power is nothing without control" - madjackel.

Critical_Mass, oil cooler is like a rad that the oil flows through, sandwich plate between oil filter and heat exchanger ( or you can delete the H/E ) feeds it, some have a thermostat in some dont,

got mine from stealth £150ish i think

small price to pay for piece of mind when you`re watching them oil temps

ben

to keep it that way through winter. oh yeah id go for the oil cooler first aswell ya not gaining any horses but ya know that there wont be any issues there later on.

You keep it on all year round, get one's that thermostatically operated, that way it'll ony be "on" when you need it. It's pretty easy to fit I'd imagine. Get a kit specifically designed for the G60 and then you'll know the hoses are the right length. Gain will be nil. In fact hotter cars actually make (marginally) more power. G60's run hot in standard tune anyway, the minute you start tuning them you really need an oil cooler. The Mk1 GTi came with an oil cooler but the G60 'Rado didn't. Doesn't make an awful lot of sense, VW bean counters at work methinks. It'll pave the way for further mods