Sign in to follow this  
onlyG60ing

Intercooler.....

I have a 1990 g60 ,I 've been driving it since I bought it without an intercoler( 5 months ago), and now I want to put a big Intercoler on it, any advices.I have removed all the AC parts from the car except the compressor, in order to make room for a big intercoler. any advice welcome.

i would also sugguest getting an RSR kit for the G-lader and removing the silencer box from the original unit. this will put more air into your intercooler....giving you a little better throttle response among other things. Bahn Brenner has them, check out their web site.

I have a 1990 g60 ,I 've been driving it since I bought it without an intercoler( 5 months ago), and now I want to put a big Intercoler on it, any advices.I have removed all the AC parts from the car except the compressor, in order to make room for a big intercoler. any advice welcome.

Preparing to fit a larger, front mounted cooler to my G60 at the moment.

(R1 charger) Samco hoses, 76mm RSR outlet, 76mm polished aluminum alloy pipework into cooler, 63mm polished aluminum alloy pipework from cooler to throttle housing. Using a Mercedes C-class cooler core with custom made aluminum header tanks. All pipework being professionally bent to shape (I work for an engineering company). Front bumper will need most of the steel removing from it & I will be cutting a large hole into it where the numberplate currently fits. This hole will then be covered with wire mesh and will allow unrestricted airflow directly into the cooler.

With some parts (including RSR outlet) & advice from Darren - mailto:[email protected]

Upon completion, I will be posting a full range of before, inbetween & after photos & instructions...... 8)

we look foward to seeing them steve... :lol: sounds like it going to be a great car in the end...

Darren how is the intercooler kit coming along ? Will Ant (bananaman) be having a demonstrator intercooler in his car for corrado day if he is representing you there ?

8)