Sign in to follow this  
JayPSC

ABS light comes on when I accelerate quickly

As above really, under harsh acceleration the ABS light comes on & stays on, anyone know what could cause this??

Thanks

Jay

Try using the search mate, There's only a few things that can make the light go on really...usually a knackered sensor...there should be a good few threads about it. :D

I hope for your sake that it's not the ABS pump. You're talking telephone numbers to replace it - as I've just found out. Is there are garage that can do a fault memory read for you? Not sure how far away from Cheltenham you are, but I can give you the name of a garage that will do that for free.

Cheers,

Bryan

Yeah I suspected a sensor, but seems weird that it would just come on when I accelerate hard. If it was a sensor playing up I'd expect it to be on all the time. I'll have a play tomorrow to see if it does the same under hard braking as well.

Cheltenham aint that far from me, but tbh I have so little spare time I'd never make it up there. Have to test the sensors myself I think then see what happens.

Thanks

Jay

It's when the crappy EDL (sorta traction control) is trying to work but failing due to a fault somewhere.

It's not a sensor, it'll be a wiring fault or ABS ECU problem.

I have it too. You need VAG-COM to tell you exactly what's up. One of my 'get around to it' jobs.

The sensors can be intermittent while they're failing .. I've had both extremes: total instantaneous sensor failure, and occasional-light-on-but-mostly-ok-for-months ..