Sign in to follow this  
lamwagon

engine mods

hi lads,just picked up my first dub g60 corrado,im only 17 so gota wait a while befor i can drive it,but i wanna do a few bits and pieces to it while its off the road going to the bodywork and that also just picked up sum boxter rims to go one,so gota get that done first,but just wondering wot i can do to the engine i like the look off the jabba stage 4 but not sure wot to do and wot ill need

cheers lads look forward to hearing from you

I had a 997cc brown Y-reg metro when I was 17....nice one mate. :D

Have a look at http://www.g-werks.com ...loads of info on there about engine mods...and a bloody good reputation..(( unlike jabba of recent years :( ))

you will probably get a load of posts about the poor quality of the jabba chargers, you will be better of getting in touch with g-werks. i got my jabba done before i was a member on this forum and i wish i hadnt gone to jabba. i havent had any problems with the charger but there is so many people on here who have had a lot of problems with them that it makes me think when is it gonna blow. as for mods id go for an uprated charger, oil cooler, smaller pulley, sns chip, rsr outlet and if ya feeling a bit flush an uprated intercooler.

Just try and make sure that the engine is strong in standard form before starting to mod it for more power. It might be worth replacing some hoses,fuel/brake lines etc and making sure you've given it a good service . Also worth looking at suspension if it's not been done on the car you bought . Modding a car that isn't in tip top condition can cause jip later down the road. If you've got money to burn get it running sweet as it can first. :D

ive been looking at fk koingsport kit looks pretty good and it seems like a lot of people are using it, gota pretty good vw garage near me who does my brothers mk2 and did do my dads golf vr6 (befor he roled it), so hes ganna do the serivceing and that, wanna do a big brake convo but not sure wot one to go for any idears would be good

cheers adam

Definately make sure the car's running good. Corrado's can really eat up money so make sure it's sound. There are some weak spots which Corrado's have such as rear brake calipers siezing and rear suspension bushes going hard and falling apart. Get someone who really knows their onions to look over the car. Better to take care of these things before you start to make it faster/lower/louder etc. Get the car down to G Werks or JMR and they can make sure you've got a sound base on which to build. :)

Getting your G60 setup at Gwerks/Pitstop after a charger rebuild is a bit of a pilgrimage for g-lader owners. The way the cars run after being setup by someone who knows what there doing is amazing.

*EDIT Welcome to the forum!

the bloke i brought it off had a stage 2 rebulid at jabba that was in march but i hear there not to good, its ganna be off the road for a while so i gota bit of time to play about, just not to sure wot to do yet, ganna get it running sweet then see wot i can do :)

hey dude another mk dub bally and i live around mk. have a good look around the forum that should give you a good idea as to whats needed. i have some wheels for sale if you want to get rid of those nasties!

:lol:

i bet its costing ya a bit now, i just cant wait to get it out on the road, already got sum boxter rims for it, yours is looking smart, nearly brought a 16v but the g60 pop up when i had the money

i bet its costing ya a bit now, i just cant wait to get it out on the road, already got sum boxter rims for it, yours is looking smart, nearly brought a 16v but the g60 pop up when i had the money

Yea mine was local so I got it, plus it was from a good mate too so I know the car well.

Boxter rims ehh? Gonna look smart.

One more tip, don't be a tit like me and buy insurance as soon as you see it! Best thing to do is RING places, always works out cheaper.

cool boxster rims will look smart which ones? all the boxter rims i found looked too modern but thats just me mines going to be decked with polished rs's i have some bbs rc's for sale im in cranfield ballys in newport youll prob see him around ble valver vv low on 17" rc's

i think there off the boxter s 9"x17" on the rear and 7"x17" on the front thats all i no got them through a friend off my dad and he didnt no much about them.

adam

I would say get urself down to JMR (16vg60 on here) or G-tuned (lowG) on here G-tuned being the most local guy to you both good people

As for brakes unless your going to do track the cupra R are over kill G60 brakes are good with good pads (pagid fast road) and some discs change of fluid and braided hoses if you want some more pads Ive got S2 calipers on mine and Ive got no complaints at all especially as I could brush off crap load quicker form 110mph to 40 than another corrado ;)

Also like mention concentrate on getting the car to run 110% bushes, sensors etc these are common on the corrado and over looked alot :(