Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

Rieger grills

are you going to get that sprayed! not sure how it would look standard black, im torn between the plain one and the one above, aargh :scratch: choices

are you going to get that sprayed! not sure how it would look standard black

Prob gona go the hole hog and get it all done. paint colour is quite dark so i dont think it would make a hole load of difference.

im torn between the plain one and the one above,

I think the same seller does both :thumbleft:

i think you'll be able to get away with it being black! cant say that ive seen it for myself tho! think i may just buy the normal grill without the eyebrow piece and if i dont like it, it can go back up on ebay! :)

colour coded always looks much better in black also u dont need to get the back to black out haha lazy option is always the best option

Craig, I just ordered a eyebrow grill from GOINGFAST off ebay. How does it look? Did it come in good packaging? You said it came in four days.. lucky you. I live in NORth California so I guess I am going to have to wait a bit longer even though it has almost been a week...

I`m going to order one too at that price you can`t go wrong :!:

I have seen them both colour coded and the grill black and the spoiler colour matched.Difficult to say what looks best,i`m going for the full colour coded look 8)

I bought mine from volksbits,its made by jom and is very good quality and fit and came with bonding glue to mount to surrounds.

The 1s on uk ebay are the jom 1s and you can get em for £60 delivered approx

halfords mounting tape is oddly strong, tried to pull my brow off today but couldn't (well i could have but i was mainly testing its staying power). the only time i have lost a brow was when using screws....Im gonna wait till next show season for one of these as they will be extra cheap. a simmilar affect can be achived with a normal brow and badgeless grill. ill try to post a pic later.

as if by magic sciroccotune, here is a badgeless grill with a spoiler,

cool0.jpg

I used two small screws into the headlight surrounds, lost the spoiler on the M1 somewhere, so it needs to be bonded i think!

Neil, is that eyebrow spoiler plastic or fibreglass?

Have been looking for a plastic one like that for ages. All I could find was the kamei one that is thinner in the middle. Which looks rubbish imo!

Nope its a seperate debadged grill and eyebrow. The surround is flush with the slats like an OE grill - the reiger ones stick out more.

Damn, cheers for the reply whats the quality of it like? I usually avoid fibreglass stuff but if the fit is ok I may have to go for it. How is it around the ends of the headlights (later spec).

Ta!

seperate GRP (Fibreglass) EXTRA DEEP spoiler, from here...

How is this grille spoiler attached? Would be interesting to find out, if it's any different to the Rieger/Jom ones.

Tempest

well i cant take any pictures not as if flew off on the M1 somewhere, the fit wasn't to bad actually, but it doesnt have any tabs on it or anything, so i screwed it into the headlight surrounds and the bonnet kinda gripped the middle, abviously it wasnt enough, so i recon bonding it on would be a good idea.

with it being firbe glass you cant make a tred into it so the screw kinda has to hold it on with the grip into the secondry thing you screw into.

So my advice is bonding!

muks,, dirtysouth lost his on the M23 on the way to GTI inter... their sh1t and not worth the money imo...

Got one on mine too, held on with trim tape, never had a problem with it really. I prefer it to the standard grill myself, but am undecided between it and a badgless grill without the eyebrow.

_MG_1630.jpg