Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

What should I do????

My C (VR) is in having the noise at the bottom end looked at :cry:

If worse comes to worst, then it'll be a new engine job (hopefully not though).

If so, what should I do? Get it repaired, and maybe bored to 3.0? Buy a TT engine? 1.8 T? V6 4motion(if I can find one)? Any other suggestions?

I dont want to spend too much, and hopefully keep it to no more than a grand, if possible.

Opinions welcome, especially if youve done a conversion yourself.

You could speak to PhatVR6 and go for the 24V V6 conversion as I believe he has one or two of those engines for sale at the moment! Not sure how much work is involved in.. not sure if you'd wanna be brave and do the conversion yourself once you'd obtained all the parts! :)

Go 24v you will never regret it when you experience the low end torque!

However it will definately cost more than £1000, unless you are very very lucky.

Jay

Andy Walker mate, its in there now. He thinks it may just be a shell, but it could be a lot worse. Hes taking the sump off to have a butchers and gonna tell me whats up.

Sorry to hear that stan.

maybe you should look into getting a brand new bottom end from stealers, shouldnt be allot more than a grand

could be wrong tho

my mate has a 24v engine for sale £1000 for the lot I think.

it'll fit just like a VR6, same engine mounts and all, even the hoses and rad will fit off your VR6.

hardest part is making a bracket on the pedal box for the DBW pedal and getting it to fit in the right place and still clear the fuseboard, and of course the wiring, which my mate will convert a loom for £250 that will leave you with about 5 wires to connect up and that'll be running on the full factory management.

204bhp out of the box, 230bhp easily acheivable with minor mods. it's a no-brainer, it just does not make sense to stick with the old VR unless you want to keep the car standard.

If you want any more info on that engine let me know and I'll put you in touch.

have a damn good long look at jay's car, and mone, and coxy's and tell me that the 24v doesn't look perfectly at home in the corrado....it fits, and it fits easily. DO IT!!!

do you think this conversion would enhance the cars value? or would it put people of buying the car. personally i would say it would make any corrado with this conversion worth a lot more, but what do you guys think??

it'll fit just like a VR6, same engine mounts and all, even the hoses and rad will fit off your VR6.

hardest part is making a bracket on the pedal box for the DBW pedal and getting it to fit in the right place and still clear the fuseboard, and of course the wiring, which my mate will convert a loom for £250 that will leave you with about 5 wires to connect up and that'll be running on the full factory management.

204bhp out of the box, 230bhp easily acheivable with minor mods. it's a no-brainer, it just does not make sense to stick with the old VR unless you want to keep the car standard.

have a damn good long look at jay's car, and mone, and coxy's and tell me that the 24v doesn't look perfectly at home in the corrado....it fits, and it fits easily. DO IT!!!

Mmmmmm...now youve wetted the appetite :lol:

Im gonna wait for the diagnosis, and I may well be in touch mate :wink:

do you think this conversion would enhance the cars value? or would it put people of buying the car. personally i would say it would make any corrado with this conversion worth a lot more, but what do you guys think??

the price these cars are selling for now, i think you would be hard pressed to de-value them further :-(

so do what you like and enjoy it :-)

Has he still got it mate? My crank is fecked and its probably cheaper and easier to fit a new engine. Let me know ASAP.

Cheers

Stan

Heh heh, it's gonna be a race - there must be what, 3 of you now all trying the 24v plan now? :lol:

Supercharged It had a dodgy 'off the books' rebuild last year by the previous owner, and they didnt change everything!!! Fecking wankers!!!!!

xbones I PM'd you the other day mate. I need an engine soon, but if I cant get a 24v then expect another PM ;)

Is the crank journal scratched? You might be able to get away with sticking some new bearings in to buy you a bit of time. They're not cheap tho!

If a grand is your max the Xbone's Stealth rebuilt engine is a good option, or if you can stretch the cash a bit, 24V is defo the way to go. After hearing and seeing Phat's and Jay's, I'm very tempted myself.

One thing I did notice on Jay's car was how much metal you have to cut away from the bonnet, for clearance of the manifold I guess. Not sure if that's essential or not but something to bear in mind. You'll soon know when you try and close the bonnet!