Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

ELSA

Bonjour

When I bought my car (( golf )) I was given 3 CD's by the seller with " ELSA WIN SOFTWARE " writtern on them. I've just tried to install them onto my pc to see what it is and my pc's having none of it.

Can anyone tell me what it is ?.... as in is it worth the hassle of trying to install it? ..

..at this point i'd like to add that these cd's aren't copies....they're the originals

Cheers Chris...ill have another go at them

ELSA is very handy as it has all the wiring diagrams, but I don't think it covers the Corrado though. You'll need the bender manual for that, and it's US, so won't be 100% applicable.

a dongle is a copy protection device used with software which is either so vastly expensive that the makers dont want it ripping off, or so sensitive they dont want it to 'fall into the wrong hands'. generally they plug into the back of your computer and tell it you're not evil so it lets you run the program in question.

Ah ha..Cheers Chris...I definately do not have a dongle then, and im not sure I want someone plugging a device into my pc to decide whether i'm evil as i'm scared of the answer it would give..in fact....maybe I do have a dongle but its not letting me run the program... :(

Does anyone know a good exercist?...

you can buy dongles if you know who to ask.. i *might* have one which will work *but* i'm not 100% as of yet.. depends on what's happening with the old pc's at work :) if i do have one i'd be more than happy to post it

hmm..cool...let me know if it's not to much trouble.

EDIT--..and if it's not ilegal of course :wink:

Walesy, 1st it needs NT4 or W2000 or XP professional to run. So unless your system is one of these, you ain't on the starting blocks.

Doesn't cover anything much on Corrado (only VR6 engine) and only really starts in full on any post 1996 cars.

Yup, Chris aka RW1 is right. A mate of mine over in D and me managed to get the programme to run eons ago, but then soon realised that there is indeed not a lot of interesting stuff in there for Rocco and Rado-owners.

Tempest

sorry for diggin up an old post, just installed it there, bought off ebay for a tenner, seems to be a pirate copy.

has all audi/vw data but doesnt seem to have the workshop manuals or wiring diagrams for my 16v corrado which is the only useful thing on it.. oh well..