Sign in to follow this  
kop10320178

how bad is it?

Gonna need more details before we can be of any help mate.

Oil or water leak? Where exactly is it coming from (a pic would help a lot), how long did you run it after it started leaking (if at all)?

Ah ok, I didn't see the sub-title - it doesn't show up in the 'posts since last visit' page.

Are you sure that it's leaking from the engine itself and not from a pipe somewhere?

I'm no expert, but if it's coming from the side of the engine then it sounds terminal. If it's coming from a burst pipe then it's an easy fix.

For those of you struggling to read the (very slight) text speak.....it could've been worse:

my rado vr6 hAz sprung 1 nasty leak frm wer d belts R leaking frm d engN.

iz DIS goin 2 b XpNsiv 2 fix

10Q jay

Quite a handy website actually:

http://www.transl8it.com/cgi-win/index.pl?convertPL

Dinkus' reply should in actual fact have been:

gna nEd mo Dtails b4 we cn b of NE hlp m8.

Oil o H2O leak? whr exactly iz it comin frm (a pic wud hlp a lot), how lng did U run it aftR it stRtD leaking (f @ all)?

Sorry - I'm not having a pop at the OP, as I know we've seen a lot worse! I just thought that website was pretty cool. Sorry, kewl.

Sorry - I'm not having a pop at the OP, as I know we've seen a lot worse! I just thought that website was pretty cool. Sorry, kewl.

Get out much, Tom? :lol:

Almost certainly the water pump, I developed a leak where the belt is last week. The pump was leaking and water was running down the side of the block and dripping out below the belt. I replaced it and it seems ok now. £25 from GSF

Almost certainly the water pump, I developed a leak where the belt is last week. The pump was leaking and water was running down the side of the block and dripping out below the belt. I replaced it and it seems ok now. £25 from GSF
thanx andy

will get it checked out and fixed