Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

scanned ecu today, im happy to say no faults were found :) so happy about that,

so looks like the wiring is now 100% complete.

that ecm processor intermittent/no communication fault Im 99.9% sure was because the brake/clutch switch wasn't connected , I belive if you don't hook up the vss and you havnt already hooked up the clutch/brake switch then it wont throw up the processor fault for the brake/clutch switch, your only have the fault for vss until you connect it up then the ecu searchs for other info A.K.A the brake/clutch switch, without the vss connected the ecu thinks it isn't moving so as soon as its connected up it needs info from clutch/brake switch makes sense to me .....

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Very good info Kev!!

That's giving me naughty thoughts!

You and me both mate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400415423105?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

:nuts:

I can see why it won't work with a mk4 cam cover, with the CCV on the left, looks like it may fit ok with a mk5 one with the ccv on the right, what do you guys think?

Oil filler is on the wrong side compared to the Cayenne cover but that shouldn't matter and it needs an adapter for the TB but I can get my old man to sort that for me!

Either way I guess we'll find out haha

Maybe jumping the gun a bit seeing as I haven't even took delivery of the engine yet :rofl:

Seller has just mailed me to say he's going to refund me as he's just taken it off and it's broken :(

Unlucky chap this is also a route that I am looking into, would be good to see if the fitment is the same.

Seller has just mailed me to say he's going to refund me as he's just taken it off and it's broken :(

I'd be a bit

sceptical, he might have had a better price, I'd be tempted to try and get a discount, Ask what's broken, but then I like to fix things

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75261[/ATTACH]

This is my setup

Consisting of 1 section with take off point

1 45 degree section

1 180 degree section

1 meter section

and

3 aluminium joiners

clamped and checked then removed and bonded together using polyurethane adhesive

only thing I would do different is replace the 180 with 2x 90 degrees

Edited by J.C

How have u gone around fitting cruise control. Obviously a standard vr cruise switch wont work cause its vacuum fed. Were using the mk 4 pedal and brake switch just thinking about stalks

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if someone has offered him a better price, eBay is full of conmen!

I have messaged him to ask what was broken but no reply as of yet, no refund either!

If I don't hear from him by end of tomorrow I'm going straight in with a PayPal claim, if he can email me he can refund me easy enough surely!

Thanks for the shopping list JC

Why would you use 2 90's? Just to get a better length on the bend?

So does the adhesive just bond the silicone to the joiners? Never seen that done before, is it pretty strong stuff? Saying that its not pressurised is it so it wouldn't need to be that strong.

How have u gone around fitting cruise control. Obviously a standard vr cruise switch wont work cause its vacuum fed. Were using the mk 4 pedal and brake switch just thinking about stalks

The stalks don't even come close to fitting in this case. The best you could do is wire the Corrado fuse stalks into the mk4 cruise loom to make a hybrid. Not looked at the wiring from a Corrado cruise stalk but if you should be able to do something with it.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if someone has offered him a better price, eBay is full of conmen!

I have messaged him to ask what was broken but no reply as of yet, no refund either!

If I don't hear from him by end of tomorrow I'm going straight in with a PayPal claim, if he can email me he can refund me easy enough surely!

Thanks for the shopping list JC

Why would you use 2 90's? Just to get a better length on the bend?

So does the adhesive just bond the silicone to the joiners? Never seen that done before, is it pretty strong stuff? Saying that its not pressurised is it so it wouldn't need to be that strong.

the 2 90's instead of a 180 is to give more clearance around the throttle body and to get the intake parralel to the firewall,

polyurethene adhesive sticks like **** to a blanket, so no problems there

Ok, now I've got my 24v back I've got to fix the rev counter which doesn't want to work. Did people use a can-bus converter and how do I get it working?

I can see why it won't work with a mk4 cam cover, with the CCV on the left, looks like it may fit ok with a mk5 one with the ccv on the right, what do you guys think?

Rocker covers and intakes are all interchangable on the 3.2 engines, so you'll be fine on that score!

Ok, now I've got my 24v back I've got to fix the rev counter which doesn't want to work. Did people use a can-bus converter and how do I get it working?

I used a coil trigger one. It's a simple 4 wire jobbie. Stealth sell em for about 10 sheets. The input wire you take off one of the coil trigger wires (coil 1 probably the best one to use), 12V and your ground, then the output to your tacho. Couldn't be easier.

Sounds like an excuse for me to come down to see you Kev! :lol:

Cheers for the info, I'll give Vince a call.

which 24v you got? my 2.8 BDE is wired in the same as 12v vr6..

BDE, or at least I believe it is.

It's a late mk4 with drive by wire throttle and switchable inlet mani/vvt

as in 2.8? or 3.2? if its the 2.8 same as mine then its just a case of connecting a wire from the ecu to the fusebox plug

{g1/12 I think it was, as my loom guy made that connection} , pretty sure all 2.8's are the same in that respect possibly the mk4 3.2's aswell, maybe someone can confirm

Ah, ok now I'm extra confused. It's a 2.8 and I'm sure Dave said he couldn't get it to work with the standard wiring/ecu. I'm no good with wiring but I think I need a better look at this.

Don't suppose anyone has a wiring diagram for a 2.8 24v?

Yeah that's a good point actually, on 2.8s you should just be able to use the tacho output from the ECU and feed it straight to the clocks. On the 3.2s the fun varies depending on age.

mic vr, I do have a wiring diagram but its not with me and I don't know when Im gona be there , iv just looked on the wiring page for 1.8T's {should be the same for us} and there tach signal wire is green/red T121/81 ,T121 is the bigger ecu plug of the two , 81 refers to pin number 81 on that plug, so unplug the plug and snip the cable tie on the plug and unwrap some of the loom tape to expose the wires and pin locations on the backside of the plug, use this pic to find pin 81 and find out what colour yours is, if its green and red then snip it leaving enough to play with so you can extend it and re route this wire from the ecu plug into the cabin {also mark with masking tape the other end of that wire that you snipped so you can re connect it easily if needed,

VAG_ME7_xyz_zps37d2fad2.jpg you now need to connect this wire to one of the white fusebox plugs G1 PIN 12 , use this link to help find plug G1, its of the fusebox and its plug locations/pinouts, if you scroll down to G1/12 your see ..http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Ok so a bit more progress today, couple of things I'm unsure on

Pic below shows the VR flywheel on the 3.2, there appears to be a bearing in the centre, which I assume the shaft on the 6 speed box fits into?

EEE97F35-9404-4419-8434-F56AD265C2F5-8530-0000048F6A6C5B8F.jpg

With the VR box the shaft won't fit into this bearing as the shaft is bigger, VR crank pic below for comparison, no bearing fitted like the 3.2 crank

0ABD721E-30F5-4C5E-94BF-399654226831-8530-0000048F9450B654.jpg

Everything seems to have gone together ok so I assume I'm worrying about nothing?

Also should there be a plate between the box and block, I have a hole into the bell housing?

3EEAF779-C995-46E7-B855-6F5483F0A531-8530-0000048FB60AB4A3.jpg