Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

50mm vs 90mm?

I've got a crack in the front spoiler, and so I want to replace it. I've found that http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/ sell them fairly cheaply, but I've got a choice apparently! 50mm or 90mm! just wondering which people think looks better? I'm guessing mines a 90mm at the moment, as its fairly huge! They also have vr6 front spoilers for £30 'a pair' whats the difference with those?

The 50mm one's went on the later Corrado's (2.0 8v) the VR6 ones as far as I know are the 90mm as on G60's, maybe the ones they are selling are for the MK3 Golf VR6 as these varied to the GTI ones.

As for which one to have suppose depends on how low your car is, 90mm looks better but for practicality a 50mm one wouldn't ground as much. (I'll be going to a 50mm one when I point the coilovers on otherwise I won't get on my drive.)

I've got a crack in the front spoiler, and so I want to replace it. I've found that http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/ sell them fairly cheaply, but I've got a choice apparently! 50mm or 90mm! just wondering which people think looks better? I'm guessing mines a 90mm at the moment, as its fairly huge! They also have vr6 front spoilers for £30 'a pair' whats the difference with those?

i think its 94 or 95 onwards C's that have the smaller front spoiler(what you have to remember too is that a lot of the 90mm ones have been replaced by the 50mm's ones to update the front of earlier C's)

and as for the VR6 front spoiler......you'll find that they are meaning the Mk3 Golf as to my knowledge the C VR6 didn't have any visual difference(apart from the badges and 5-stud wheels)over the 8v and 16v of the post92 facelift

Yeah it's the Golf VR6 that has two piece front spoilers. Corrados are all one piece.

My car has been lowered 30mm and so far no clouting of the 90mm spoiler on the ground, so I'd say go for that one.

Kev

I've got a 90mm one and it grounds on everything. My driveway, multistorey car parks, small pebbles etc etc.

It just makes a grinding scraping noise though and people then look at the car and whisper to each other about how low it is.... :p

It's cracked either side though, so the front flexes a little, I think this helps with it not being ripped off.

Not sure how low it is, it's on coilovers and they're wound down just far enough so I can still get out of my driveway... :D

coming out of a multi-story this afternoon and a scraped it a bit...thought- i better slow down to a crawl and take it easy on the next ramp, only to scrape it even more! I think i'll be getting a 50mm one. Should be the same fitment right?

Yeah same fitment have got the 50mm one on my C now as the 90mm scraped much too much (also had split in two places). 50mm no scraping as of yet :D