Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

G60 injector wiring harness

is it just the part that clips on the fuel rail? and has the plug running back to the ecu from it?

also you know the linkage on the throttle body on a G60 that joins the main butterflys to the boost return butterfly,, are the plastic connections available seperately?!?!

olly...im pretty sure you cant get that linkage, although i remember someone said radio control planes/copters use similar ends...maybe try a good modelshop

as for the loom its the same on all 8v digi's and its around 45-50 notes from vw....http://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk sell the ends if you wish to make your own to save a bit...i had to send mine in so they could match it, i then made the new one in some heat resistant sleeve that i robbed off a scrap cars o2 sensor

come to mention it...if you whack the original termials with a tiny jeweler screwdriver they pull out easy enough

that way it costs you a blob of solder and youve probably got some wire laying around

i see from vehicle wiring products you can buy the terminals,, so i may do that, and put new wiring and terminals heat protected into my original connector blocks,,

just happens i have a spare digi harness lying about to rob bits from,,

i think their termials only fit thier blocks...there wasnt a direct match for the vw terminal from what i remember

if it doesnt mean having the car off road...id have a pop at getting the terminals out and re using em

As my old loom has got some damaged insulation too, I'm going to make my own loom also. I would only recommend this if you have the proper crimping tool for the connectors, otherwise your loom might not be as reliable as you want it to be.

But in the end, I would advice everyone to buy the crimping tool, some wire, glue filled sleeves and the proper connectors, instead of just buying the loom from VW (or even worse: just buying those yellow pre-crimped cables from VW). Money wise it’ll set you back about the same amount, but those tools always come in handy when doing repairs to other wiring looms.

Just make sure you solder all the connections between wires and use sleeves that seal the connection with glue when you heat it. Otherwise water might be captured in between and cause the connection to corrode, potentially causing all kind of weird problems with your fuel injection.

There is not a specific loom listed for the PG engine. The repalcement digifant loom part number is 037 133 339, they are listed at £55

Wrapping some heat wrap around your exhaust manifold will help even more in protecting your wires against the heat, not only those from your injector loom.