Sign in to follow this  
markeboy2005

what is this pipe

hi, there is a pipe that goes from near the throtle housing to a sensor at the back of the air box, its about 1.5 cm in diameter and i recon 20 cm long, mine has a big hole worn in it and i wondered what it was,

cheers

Type of rad do you have man?? 16v, G60, Vr6??

That will help, a pic would also do wonders for some responses

Its a VR6. It'll be the pipe that comes from the petrol tank via a valve( the sensor you referred to) and the carbon cannister. Get it replaced mate. Burst air hoses mean unmetered air entering the engine.

thanks andy

i have got some new pipe so i will change it tommorow, could that cause overheating ??

if its the one u said it conects to a sensor behind the air box, i could not see any thing from the fuel but i did not look that hard...

and yes guy it is a vr6 sorry to miss it out, house point to andy for spotting it, thankyou

well i dont think thats the pipe for the carbon canister,most people dump the carbon can and just plug the hole up

Some maybe, but certainly not most.

The pipe you describes goes to the valve that allows petrol fumes from the tank, once they have passed through the carbon cannister back into the inlet via the throttle body. Fume recirculation.

No it wouldn't cause overheating Mark.

well i dont think thats the pipe for the carbon canister,most people dump the carbon can and just plug the hole up

Some maybe, but certainly not most.

The pipe you describes goes to the valve that allows petrol fumes from the tank, once they have passed through the carbon cannister back into the inlet via the throttle body. Fume recirculation.

No it wouldn't cause overheating Mark.

well after 10 years+ the carbon can will not be doing its job,ans was only put in place for the us market

well after 10 years+ the carbon can will not be doing its job,ans was only put in place for the us market

absolutely, total waste of space, mine went a while back! :-)