Sign in to follow this  
Dredgey

Ford part for a Corrado - Oil Breather?

Does anyone know of the Ford part number, (or what model it is used on) for the oil brether found on the VR6? Mine's leaking oil.

I've heard that if I was to buy this part from VW I'd have to buy a load of bits I don't need at my cost, but you can buy the exact same part on its own from Ford for a much lower price?

(See pictures attached showing the part I mean).

Thanks!

I think the part number for that is in the knowledge base under 2CV's Timing chains document... see the parts list in there...

excusez moi mon ami, mais que dit vous?

Bought one from Ford for £20 a while back, on my invoice it lists the part number as 7364573 Valve-Crankvent. Hope that helps, they'd find the part on the system easy enough without it.

I believe the US corrados dont have it so you can just remove it all together and replace it with a piece of pipework. I've done just that and its not been a problem. Just make sure you put a screw in the little vent arm on the side or you'll have leaks in the system.

I made the mistake of buying this from VW- had to buy the whole inlet hose that connects the MAF to throttle body as they don't sell the bits separately. It cost around £70 2 years ago. Wish I'd known about the Ford part!