JMC

JMC's G60

Yes as its not used as a fuel pump as such its only feeding the new pump, not sure on the theory of it all but Kev knows and he posted it up on another forum but its not used too much. :wink:

Went to Performance Trim today, and had the carbon fibre bonnet fitted (from the group buy on here). Big thank you to Mike and Lee down there - great lads, and I can thoroughly recommend them if you are wanting any work done. Anyway, enough chat, time for a pic..

any pics of the underside bud??

would like to see the quality how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking.................

cheers

any pics of the underside bud??

would like to see the quality how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking.................

cheers

Cheers guys - no pics of the underside yet and it's now dark and cold so I'm not going out again :lol: . On mine it's just fibreglass for the structure underneath as I didn't splash out on an all carbon one. As for price they were £400 through the group buy (for my type - more for the all carbon), but I think they are now £500. They've done a cracking job though.

Couple more pics of the underside of the bonnet, the Mk4 Golf washers as they look from the top, and how they are mounted underneath.

Couple of jobs done today. Sorted out the wiring for the heated washer nozzles. The mk4 Golf ones had different connectors, so I swapped over the ones from my old nozzles. Nice easy mod :D . Fitted a Porsche 3.5bar fuel pressure regulator too. With the setup I had my injectors were pretty much maxed out and I was still running too lean at the top end. Fingers crossed upping the fuel pressure will help with that. Just taken it out for a spin and it seems to run fine, no petrol smells which is always good, and it doesn't feel any worse which is a good sign. Will get it back on the dyno at some point just to check and see what it's done.

I think i have figured out what you are Jonathon.

Right you get wheel whores, brake whores, dirty whores you get the idea well your obviously the DYNO whore.

I think i have figured out what you are Jonathon.

Right you get wheel whores, brake whores, dirty whores you get the idea well your obviously the DYNO whore.

Yeah I'm a bit of a numbers whore. But I'm more of a geek. If it was just numbers I was after, I'd have gone 20vT or VR6T by now. I like trying to see what a nice little 1.9l 8v engine can do :D

Yea but im not saying you are specifically looking for high numbers, you just have a fetish seeing your car on the dyno :lol: its like a wheel whore, when he opens the garage door its like his dirty little secret seeing them all :lol:

Very nice. :clap:

Those are some good numbers.

315cc @ 90 would be more like 230 at flywheel at 12.5 afr. Do you have an AFR reading?

Nice Stealth to check duty cycle. I' been saying that SNS chip to max out the injectors for 3 years now.

After a strange engine shut down I've installed a LMA-3 (already had an Innovate LC-1) so i have AFR and duty cycle (and RPM, Boost).

I than confirmed my suspections. The injectors goes 100% at around 5000 rpm and also that my redtops were burnt.

What chip were you using when you did the afr reading of page 19? Mine used to look like that.

So i installed my greens and a 3.8 FPR. I´ve taken out fuel and i'm now at 85% duty cycle at 6500 rpm which is good, but can only use 0.5 bar boost with a 12.5 AFR.

Just ordered some redtops from G-werks. From my calcs with the 3.8 FPR and 1.1 bar boost it will give a AFR of 12. Hopping to get to 220 hp.

225bhp 1.8T have 386cc injectors apparently, if it was you asking for an inbetween size but may have been Dirty "Rob" Torque?

TT injectors are split spray pattern, so may not work so well in 2 valve heads :D

:epicfail: :shrug:

Very nice. :clap:

Those are some good numbers.

315cc @ 90 would be more like 230 at flywheel at 12.5 afr. Do you have an AFR reading?

Nice Stealth to check duty cycle. I' been saying that SNS chip to max out the injectors for 3 years now.

After a strange engine shut down I've installed a LMA-3 (already had an Innovate LC-1) so i have AFR and duty cycle (and RPM, Boost).

I than confirmed my suspections. The injectors goes 100% at around 5000 rpm and also that my redtops were burnt.

What chip were you using when you did the afr reading of page 19? Mine used to look like that.

So i installed my greens and a 3.8 FPR. I´ve taken out fuel and i'm now at 85% duty cycle at 6500 rpm which is good, but can only use 0.5 bar boost with a 12.5 AFR.

Just ordered some redtops from G-werks. From my calcs with the 3.8 FPR and 1.1 bar boost it will give a AFR of 12. Hopping to get to 220 hp.

The plot on p19 was with done with an 'on-road' map (live mapping) written by Steve who used to be PSD. That was with my 1.9 engine, but with a Piper cam. I have since moved to the asymmetric Schrick that everyone has, and a new remap (from Stealth) and.......... I'm producing exactly the same power as before. Doh. I think then injectors are now one of the limiting factors along with the exhaust. Hopefully both to be remedied before too long. Good luck with yours :D

And yes Simon, it was me asking thanks, although from the responses it would seem as though they may not work :( BTW, my AFR in the car is narrow not wideband.

TT injectors are split spray pattern, so may not work so well in 2 valve heads :D

What spray pattern are the bosch 440's that you hate, as i have those, dont know of any real issues but then again im no expert?

Single cone :D

Nothing really wrong with them, they're just old and unrefined, particularly at low duty cycles. Noisy too. Many people get good results with them :D

JMC's hope you dont mine the post as i do know this is your's car topic.

I finally i got the time to post logs that i wrote about.

In "Teste35" with SNS Chip

Green injectors, 3.8 Bar FPR

As you can see injectors max out at +/- 5000 rpm. When duty cycle goes above 90% the injectors do not close anymore. This is the reason for famous 5000 rpm flat power as AFR goes down more than 1 point. Because of this i changed my alternetor, ignition coil, distributor with hall sensor, checked everything countless times, all a waist of money and time.

Green line -> Injector duty cycle

Blue line -> Manifold ABSOLUTE pressure - dont know why but it reads 0.1 bar less than my gauge. On board computer showed 243 .

Black line -> RPM

purple line -> Air Fuel Ratio

In "Teste38" with Trakx chip :)

Green injectors, 3.8 Bar FPR

Max duty cycle is now 85% at 6460 rpm. Only using 0.6 bar boost (one can read 1.5 in graf but as said it is a litle higher) as AFR are to high. It reaches 13 at 6100 rpm which is not safe.

Green line -> Injector duty cycle

Blue line -> Manifold ABSOLUTE pressure

Black line -> RPM

purple line -> Air Fuel Ratio

Now waiting for red tops

Wow JMC, what a great read. I learnt lots and will be coming back for future reference points etc... Excellent work, I could ask you questions about my G60 all day I recon - hats off to you... :notworthy:

Wow JMC, what a great read. I learnt lots and will be coming back for future reference points etc... Excellent work, I could ask you questions about my G60 all day I recon - hats off to you... :notworthy:

Thanks mate :D . By all means drop me a PM if you have any q's...

Been a while since I posted. Just had a custom exhaust made with JP Exhausts in Macclesfield if anyone is after one. First class job and can highly recommend them. Gone for a 2.5" system with 3 boxes. Not much louder than my old one and hopefully shouldn't throttle me at the top end like the old one. Don't get me wrong my old system was good for a standard or mildly tuned G60, but putting nearly 100bhp through is no longer 'mildly tuned' :lol: . Anyway enough chat - some pics.