JMC

JMC's G60

1st impression say yes Simon - definately feels like it is a good setup :D

Just realised I haven't had anything on here for ages - must do more work on the car :lol: Should have some more news next week after the next round tuning. Putting a 65mm pulley and W5DPOs along with it being properly mapped to the new exhaust (and potentially bigger injectors, but we'll see). In the mean time a shot of some of the new yellow headlight protectors that turned up this morning :D

Minor bit of work today. Modified the drivers air vent (did not want to pay £40 for an SWG one) to take my 52mm Defi EGT gauge. Not got it wired in just yet, one step at a time :lol: . Finally happy with the ful set of gauges I have though (and that EGT took me some tracking down, as they stopped making it a couple of years back).

looking good mate, gauge overload! how you gonna watch all them at once :p bet its cool watching everything shoot up when you boot it tho lol

Picked up a few bits ready for the forthcoming year (a lot of it courtesy of TaulPaul - cheers mate). Some Oz Ultraleggera 7x17 with R888 tyres (and yes there are 3 more), a pair of uprated G60 driveshafts, and Vibratechnics front engine and gearbox mounts (hopefully going on in a couple of weeks when the EGT probe gets fitted as it'll mean moving the engine). 2010 is the year I will fit the nitrous as well (and hopefully I wont be saying "2011 is the year...." in 12 months time :lol: ). Tyres will be summer ones I think, and I need to get some small hubcentric spacers as the offsets higher then my current wheels.

Tyres will be summer ones I think,

er yes mate as these tyres are a shower of s**t in any thing other than dry but in the dry you will love em as they stick like s**t to a blanket :lol:

Can you let me know what the caliper clearance is like on your Brakes JMC?

I'm considering a change and these could be a viable option if the clearance is good!

Will do Kev. It'll be next weekend now but will post it up when I try it. My concern at the moment is that being ET35 they wont clear my Porsche brakes (my MO's are ET25 and even with them being 16" they clear the callipers nicely but not by 1cm from memory).

This is the probe - connects straight to the wiring to the gauge. Connection between the probe and the exhaust manifold is via the swagelock fitting in the picture (compression fitting onto the probe and 1/8NPT tapped into the manifold).

Can you let me know what the caliper clearance is like on your Brakes JMC?

I'm considering a change and these could be a viable option if the clearance is good!

haha - typical!

the weight of these wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you're interested would it?!?

when i first saw these i thought "ooohh - those are nice, very light too..... Kev would like those!" :lol: )

Kev, The wheels have about 4mm clearance betwen the rear of the spokes and face of the calliper.

Hello

lovely G by the way m8 :notworthy:

sorry to hi-jack your thread

just going through this thread and giving some serious thought to buying those ddi g60 door sills for mine, wondering if they were a pain to fit ect ?

also did you order direct from ddi or ?

any input would be great

cheers

Hello

lovely G by the way m8 :notworthy:

sorry to hi-jack your thread

just going through this thread and giving some serious thought to buying those ddi g60 door sills for mine, wondering if they were a pain to fit ect ?

also did you order direct from ddi or ?

any input would be great

cheers

Hi there, and don't worry about the hijack. Yes, I ordered direct from ddi (postage wasn't nice) and they were a bit of a pain. Mostly becuase the adhesice they came with was crap. I had to spend ages removing it all (without bending the sills) and the stuck them down with 3M trim tape - the proper stuff not the rubbish from halfords. If you're nearby you're more than welcome to come and have a look.

JMC for the reply m8

Yeah i think i would like to see them in the flesh before i decide. your quite far from me as im cambridge area, if mine ever passes its MOT then i'll try to organise somthing and come see them.

sounds like a bit of hassle but they do look the absolute nuts on yours. 8) hmmmmm

they come to around £130 ish inc post i think??

cheers

Cool, ok mate. I seem to remember it was about that (or a bit less I think I got them when the pound was a bit stronger). Thre is a company in the UK - Awesome perhaps, that have the DDI dials. Perhaps they can get the other items from them as well?

You're too kind mate... It's in need of a bit of TLC at the moment after winter. Hadn't planned on going to UD, although I will have a bit of time on my hands at the weekends as of March so if I can get the work done that needs to, I might make it there this year.

Started fitting my DDI sills today. Nice quality brushed aluminium finish, but atrocious adhesive. Had to strip the adhesive off with white spirit before attaching using double sided trim tape.

alrite mate i like ur sill trims where did you get um from?

Cheers mate, got them from Dub Design Industries (DDI) in Canada. I think they have a Uk vendor for some of their products now (for some reason Awesome springs to mind for selling their gauge kits) so they might be able to get them without paying huge amounts for postage.

Fitted some new rims yesterday. Oz Ultraleggera 7x17, with Kumho KU31 205/40 r17 tyres. Can't believe how much lighter then my 16" Compomotive MO's they are. I checked on the web for wheel weights - each one is about 6lb lighter :shock: . Does feel different when driving as well, much lighter feel to the steering. Also the offset is way too high. No rubbing but they are set too far in. Wheels spacers have been ordered :D Not too much, just enough to make sure they they are well away from the suspension.