Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

Its worth modifying the front cross member for the aircon pump to fit though. :) Can't live without aircon now.

Jay

even if it is only been just above freezin about once since you got it working :lol: :wink:

I know Andy, or did, very well. He did my floor pan conversion back in the day! Ask him about my corrado, he'll remember. A really nice guy and tbh prob one of the best people in the country to be tackling your engine conversion, he knows his stuff far more than about 99% of us on this forum!

Some more pics. Andy has painted the engine and gearblx and got it fitted. He still has the wiring to sort, the new downpipe and then put the front of the car back on and away we go :norty: :luvlove: :nuts: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :afro: :afro:

alreet stan , sexy pics :-)

hows the guy finding it ? is it a case of

a) not too bad i could do another one quicker now i know what i'm doing

or

b) i'll never do one of those again

alreet stan , sexy pics :-)

hows the guy finding it ? is it a case of

a) not too bad i could do another one quicker now i know what i'm doing

or

b) i'll never do one of those again

Defo A mate!!

He's one of the best around, and he's finding it failry enjoyable. He even thinks its gonna be a doddle to fabricate the downpipe as there is more room than he expected :shock:

I dont think it'll be long before he's giving the other UK companies a run for their money, he's only just set up and when I called in the other day he had my car, an S3, a Golf G60, Mk 5 donor car, 911 Carrera and some others in the workshop. He hasnt even advertised anywhere yet, just word of mouth, and the fact he WAS Awesome GTI ;)

Can't wait to see the finished product mate. Looking good so far!

As soon as my engine's here I think I'm going to get started too :)

He even thinks its gonna be a doddle to fabricate the downpipe as there is more room than he expected Shocked

Excellent news. He's going to make 2 of them?

Dutch

Im getting her back tomorrow, and with a nice new chip 8) Andy is gonna try to get it on some rollers to see what the output is. Im soooo Excited :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pleased for you!!!!!

Should be fun! I wish I had paid someone else to do mine, you never know I might get it finished that way.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arse!!!! :(

The oil temp gauge is giving out the incorrect readings, and is fairly high. He's gonna put the VR one in it to get it sorted. Hes aldo raising my rear suspension a notch, as it was sitting too low before, and looks a little worse now with a lighter engine.

So gonna have to wait til tomorrow now :cry:

He did say it runs like a dream though, Im sure he's just winding me up cos I havent got it yet :multi:

unlucky mate. I have to say your way of doing stuff is the most painless lol

I too would be interested to what the chip is like?

have you fitted the 4motion clocks? I have decided against it, sticking with the corrado ones for now.

VR box mate, for the reasons above

That said....24v boxes carry stronger internals that 02A boxes. Didnt you guys get a FWD 24v? Box can be had from there. one custom mount and custom length axles are needed...otherwise, its a bolt in affair.

Krazee, The 02M box does have stronger internals, but the 02A can handle the 24v no problem, so it's just easier to stick with it.

All the supercharged VR lads are still using the 02A box and have no problems afaik.

Don't think we got a FWD 24v Golf over here, but I'm sure there were other FWD 24v VW models, just not sure what though?

Dutch