Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

were you after some of these mate ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Corrado-G60-VR ... dZViewItem

I was mate, cheers. May just fit some intake piping under the bonnet though.

Got some insurance sorted with Brentacre, £600 protected, with the missus on too. Got BHP limit of 210, and as many other mods as I like, all on a like for like basis 8) Top company, and real good genuine guy ;)

nice car, nice motor, nice insurance and nice price :) what engine (edit... I meant model ;) sorry for sounding retarted) is this from? and how much hassle is it to fit the 24v to a g60?

2.8 24v from a 4motion mate. The main ball ache (not for me, I just paid for it :lol: ) was the wiring. A new front mount was fabricated, and a new exhaust downpipe fabricated with the lambdas (2 out of 4) installed too.

There are still a few leccy gremlins getting fixed as we speak, hoping to get it back soon so I can play again :D

However, the VR already has mounts, gearbox etc that work with the 24v. Youd be better off getting a 1.8T for a G60, check out the threads in the engine section.

The MFA doesnt work for MPG or Oil Temp.

There were chattery relays/fuses under the dash, which we also think is the cause of the ABS not working.

The MAF is nacked and causing it to overfuel and fail the emissions for the MOT.

The rev counter is fluctuating.

The front mount has rocked, we think.

Its all stuff that is fixable, just he needs time to get it in and looked at.

Did you have "any" problems with the electrics Jay?

Oh dear. Hope he gets it sorted soon mate.

I can honestly say I have had no electrical problems at all. I had a loose engine speed sensor (picked up by VAG-COM) but that was it.

Jay

no oil temp sensor on the 24v. well, not one that outputs to the clocks at least.

No MFA either, that comes from the ECU (which now isn't there).

The MFA works on other settings though, can it not work from the 24v ECU?

Or, should I put the 24v clocks in instead?

The stalks are just a very simple switch, which will operate basically all the MFA's in the VW range. As for the MFA info, it is a mixture of signals from the ECU and from outside senders. You will always struggle to replicate the exact signals from a later car on an earlier set of dials.

This is exactly why I fitted everything from the MK4, so I know it will work together as it should. Not saying its not possible, it is, but its a lot of messing about to get it right.

Jay

mr bates, how did you get hold of your 'valver' lump?

did andy source it? where does one get a bleedin lump????

Have been struggling yeah.

There's a slight chance i may have one off phat but it's provisionally sold and i'm first reserve :(

Took some pics after cleaning today. Wish I had some money to get the dinks and scratches sorted. Not that its bad but you just notice every little one when you clean it, bloody frustrating :mad: