Sign in to follow this  
Bally

Centre Armrest??

WHAT !! people are at work today !!!!!!!

doesnt explain the girlfriend thread in the wanted section from a few days ago :-)

Im at work surfing the net eating sweets & having a **** in 5mins... :lol:

all good fun :D

Having a schitt, w@nk or fcuk or blow in 5 mins? Hopefully the latter two :lol:

Im at work surfing the net eating sweets & having a **** in 5mins... :lol:

all good fun :D

Having a schitt, w@nk or fcuk or blow in 5 mins? Hopefully the latter two :lol:

joka :p

A nice hat on the rear shelf would also help send out the right image, Austin Allegro stylee, people may even offer to help you out of your car & across the road too, if the corrado style police don't bust you first. :pukeleft:

HEY, I have seen these armrests, made for rado's,, have different colours,carbon,chrome,black,wood,, etc,,, go on e-bay, worldwide sellers, browse through the pages,,its a german company,only trouble is they dont do paypal so you'l have to get yer lingo book out if they dont speak the QUEENS and try ya best,,there is absolutely everything you could ever need for rado being sold on e-bay,,,except the bloody vrn replacement panel that I need... :(

this what you mean??

(sorry tried to post a pic,but dont know how to)

cheeeers, DAZ

any1 have the link or info on the centre armrest and the fitting of it? the link in page 1 didnt work for me?

the armrest is a golf mk4/bora item there are a few ebay sellers offering copies for fairly good prices. as for fitting its very much diy tbh as no-one has done a guide but i and another forum member are going to do this mod in the spring id be happy to take some pics.

You have to modify the bracket a bit by cutting some of the reinforcements off, the center part of the consol is narrower than the mk4 and just will not fit without trimming, you'll also have to trim the Ebrake cable bracket a bit to get it sitting centered well, also a small tab sticking up where the front right bracket bolt will go. The front right bracket bolt hole will be sitting in a space like it was made for it, the tunnel starts to rise up a wee bit here. I used a die grinder with a cut off wheel for all cuts.

You will also have to use a spacer or washers under the left side of the bracket to make it sit level, The mk4 has an uneven tunnel and the C's is fairly flat.

The bracket is just a little to wide for the C's tunnel so the holes will never be flat, you could radius the botton of the bracket to fit the C's tunnel better but I didn't and it worked just fine.

The under part of the center console has to be trimmed a bit to make room for the bracket, I did not have to pull this part out of the car, just moved it around what I was working on after taking the 4 plastic nuts holding it down loose. There is a small spot that is not covered now but with the seats in the f ull rearward position you can not see it because of the seatbelt brackets.

The top part of the center consol must be cut to fit the armrest post, take your time and do it slowly, I measured out what I wanted, cut it a bit undersized and reinstalled it. Then I took the die grinder and made the hole slightly bigger until it fit perfect, this is prolly the most important part so TAKE YOUR TIME.

It does rub on the seat reclining adjuster wheels and there is not much you can do about it, the armrest could go back farther but would then be useless.